The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working for operations, covering predominantly the South West, but also with requirements in the South east, the Project Supervisor will conduct frequent installation inspections of First-time gas and Air source central heating installations to private and social domestic properties. Inspections will observe and record contractors safe working practices, quality procedures and installation quality, confirming compliance with Gas Safe regulations, PAS/MCS and CDM 2015. Feedback will be provided to contractors and closed out timely.
In addition to support the Project Manager in responsibility for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within budget and to the highest SHE standards, and our contractual commitments and compliance requirements are met in full.
The role will involve customer facing dialogue supporting all parts of the business in demonstrating sound technical understanding of solutions offered and provided.
Promote exceptional service delivery throughout the supply chain and develop/maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers alike.
What will I be doing?
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate sound technical knowledge of Gas first time Central Heating systems.
- An understanding of Air source heat pump, and other renewable technologies.
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest SHE standards, above set benchmarks and compliant with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation. A sound understanding of CDM 2015 is essential.
- Keep up to date with all relevant regulations in order to inform and maintain compliance (Gas Regulations, Electrical, Building Regulations)
- Deliver projects to achieve the required quality, on time and within contractual parameters.
- Ensure all ES project documentation is complete, compliant and appropriately stored
- Manage site issues and any customer complaints within agreed SLAs or internal KPIs
- Demonstrate a willingness to travel/switch between schemes which could involve significant travel & overnight stays
- Understand and react to compliance. Ensure PAS2030 and/or MCS compliance on allocated projects and undertake stage installer partner audits
Is this the job for me? You should have…
- Strong Technical knowledge of domestic First-time central heating systems Gas.
- A good understanding of Air source heat pumps and other renewable technologies.
- An understanding of insulation measures required to be installed to maximize the performance of Central heating and renewables.
- An understanding of government obligation (ECO) and other fun would be advantageous
Ideally you will have:
- Current Gas Safe qualification / registration
- Site Supervisor Safety – SSSTS (or SMSTS)
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme – CSCS
- Asbestos awareness,
- Computer literate
- Full clean driving license is essential as travel within the UK will form part of the role
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.