Purpose: responsible for taking the development of a hydrogen fuel cell drivetrain through Arcola’s product development process based on the Systems Engineering V-model. Working with the Mechanical Design, Electrical, Control, Thermal, Homologation, Test & Development and Manufacturing teams to bring together contributions from each discipline and ensure engineering deliverables are ready for design and gateway reviews.
Organisation: reporting to Project Systems Engineer
Location: based from home with frequent site visits to Arcola facilities in Scotland and customer
sites/test facilities as required.
Principal Accountabilities and tasks:
- ● The application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) at a vehicle, system, subsystem and component level including engineering work to support design decisions around system architecture and component selection.
- ● Work with customers, suppliers, vehicle operators and external test facilities to achieve the best outcomes for the system development.
- ● Follow the Arcola’s product development model to deliver engineering outputs supporting vehicle development
- ● Requirements capture at vehicle, system, subsystem and component level.
- ● Application of systems engineering tools to the requirements engineering,
architecting and design of systems.
- ● Contribute to the ongoing development of Arcola’s systems engineering processes,
particularly integration of MBSE tools into product development model.
- ● Work with powertrain modelling team to ensure simulation represents system and
duty cycle/operating conditions as accurately as possible
- ● Ownership of key engineering documents including System Boundary Drawings,
Engineering Change Documentation, FMEA and FTA, working with the various
engineering teams to ensure all content is complete.
- ● Contribute to DVP & R working with Test & Development team
- ● Support BOM development activities, engaging with the supply chain management
- ● Work with PMO to support project scheduling and resource estimations. Also, to
provide engineering/technical reporting updates.
- ● Contribute to Operational Risk Assessments and Safety documentation
- ● Work with quality and compliance team to ensure designs meet codes, standards
- ● Supporting other Arcola Energy activities where required.
Experience and competencies:
● Engineering degree
- ● Working knowledge of the Systems Engineering V-model
- ● Experience in application of MBSE tools and techniques including UML or SysML and
associated software e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architecture or similar
- ● A good understanding of electric drivetrain architectures and familiarity with
different types of components such as batteries, motors, power electronics
- Be knowledgeable about the full range of Arcola Energy work.
- Represent Arcola Energy in a professional manner.
- Work with Arcola Energy, Arcola Theatre and Arcola Bar staff to deliver the best possible
outcomes across all organisations.
- Suggest and implement approved improvements to company processes.
To apply, email email@example.com