To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
We are now looking for a Projects and Operations Manager to join our Central Services team.
In this newly created role, you will act as a critical link between the business units, operations, and the leadership team to manage, monitor and report on the delivery of TBI strategic projects.
You will guide managers across the Group on project management best practices and develop reporting systems, while helping to promote a learning culture.
You will be responsible for planning, monitoring, and reporting of key strategic projects, making sure that projects are being delivered on time and within budget.
You will act as the lynchpin for project management best practices and be the go-to person for managers across the Group, as needed.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a manager with the following:
- Project management qualification or equivalent – Agile / Prince 2 / PMI
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering successful projects is essential and delivering operational projects is particularly desirable
- Experience in using excel / data analysis tools at an advanced level
- Knowledge and experience of both theoretical and practical application of structured project management methodologies
- Proven work experience of working within a project management capacity, including strategic planning, risk management, control and change management and supplier/relationship management
For a full job description, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits include:
- Salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request.
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training scheme
- Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role can be based in London, Glasgow or Cardiff, we can facilitate flexible working and due to current Covid-19 restrictions within our offices it is likely that the successful candidate will need to work from their home address at least some of the time.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title.
Closing date: 1st July 2021
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm).