Are you interested in impact investment? Do you want to change a vulnerable person’s life, by helping them have a stable, affordable home?
If you have experience of working with property funds, charities / support providers, property developers and registered providers, we would like to hear from you, as we believe we have a great job for you.
Resonance is an impact property fund manager that is transforming the relationship between private investment and social good and, to help us, we are looking for a dynamic Property Fund Development Manager to join our growing, friendly team. You’ll help us build on our success to date by continuing to deliver and grow our pioneering impact property fund initiatives.
You’ll probably be based in our Manchester office, but we will also consider candidates who would prefer to work from our London office (a modest London weighting would be available).
We are currently working with a hybrid model of home working and office based.
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 37.5 full time
£44,000 to £48,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
Responsible to: Managing Director of Property Funds
Here’s why we need you (purpose)
This is an important role for us, as the person we want to join us will play a key part in managing, developing and expanding our homelessness social impact property investment funds throughout the UK. The role involves leading the management of the fund and its delivery of both financial and impact goals, working with our Housing Providers in order to provide better homes for vulnerable people across the UK.
We currently have 7 funds totalling c £300m which buy “ordinary homes on ordinary streets” which are then leased to leading Housing Providers who house and support a range of vulnerable people throughout the UK including people at risk of homelessness, women fleeing domestic abuse or exiting prison, and people with a learning disability.
Here’s what you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Lead on the project management of our homelessness property funds which require management of multiple projects with multiple stakeholders showing tenacity and perseverance in ensuring funds develop, expand and are managed well, delivering on both financial and social impact goals.
- Lead on the relationship management of all of our partners to ensure our homelessness funds are delivering for them and for their clients, building further relationships with potential new Housing and Support Providers and having the ability to identify best in class partners, with first class governance.
- Lead on our expansion strategy for our homelessness funds, undertaking research into different areas of the UK to understand whether our homelessness social impact investment funds could work for a particular Housing Provider and their particular tenant group.
- Support, with our Communications and Finance teams, on the relationship management of our impact investors to ensure they are kept informed of progress. This includes regular investor update meetings, quarterly investor reports and our annual social impact reports.
- Support, with our Communications and Investor Relations team, on the marketing to potential new impact investors. Key to this will be the ability to communicate our USPs in the market as well as the ability to respond effectively to the due diligence requirements of potential investors.
- Utilising your transferable skills to work alongside your fellow Property Fund Development Managers in support of the wider portfolio.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and events led or attended by key stakeholders or potential partners in the sector.
Here’s what we will do for you (benefits):
As well as working for an innovative, growing business with a strong social purpose and lots of variety and opportunity, we offer a competitive remuneration package, a flexible working environment and a committed team to become part of. The role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a business that is pioneering and changing the face of investment in the UK.
Who you’ll be working with (internal):
Property Fund Development Managers, Investment Manager, Senior Portfolio Manager, Finance team, Communications and Investor Relations team.
Who you’ll be working with (external):
Our Housing and Support Providers, our investment committee members and our pool of impact investors.
Resonance is looking to hire someone who has a deep understanding of either property funds, or the social housing market, or both, and is motivated by leading the delivery of social impact property investment funds to house a range of vulnerable people throughout the UK, with particular focus on homelessness in this role.
What we want you to bring to us:
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s purpose and vision, mission, values
- A solutions finder; able to think creatively to identify and implement opportunities even if this requires modifications to the initial proposal
- A team player; working with people in and outside of the organization to get the job done
- Resilient; capable of maintaining motivation and focus despite setbacks
- Strong on execution; able to bring together and orchestrate numerous moving pieces and drive things forward in order to get the project delivered
- Socially motivated; not “in it for themselves” but still highly skilled in shaping commercial solutions to best fit the social goals of client enterprises
- Empathetic in seeing the other side of the story and yet also holding people to accountEssential experience and skills:
- Experience within the property funds sector, or housing and support sector, or both
- Highly professional and ethical approach in representing the company and marketing its products
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Numerate, able to produce or commission insightful quantitative analysis, and “tell the story” of the numbers
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and tenacity in seeing tasks or projects through to conclusion
- Willing to travel within the UK and work with colleagues in multiple locations using appropriate communications technology
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in – do whatever it takes to get the job done
Desirable (but not essential) experience and skills
- Knowledge of social investment sector / impact investment
- Residential property leasing models
- Property development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA Regulations
- Other relevant professional qualification
What it feels like to work here (environment):
Resonance is a growing company, so you’ll need to enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment with a friendly and supportive team. This role will need you to work with colleagues across the business, at various locations in the UK, so you must be comfortable with some travel.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV with a covering letter that answers the following questions;
- why would you like to work for Resonance?
- how you think you could make a difference in the work we do?
- what skills and experience will you bring to the Resonance team?
We look forward to hearing from you. Closing date for applications will be 26 November 2021
Here at Resonance Ltd we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.