To apply for this job please visit saiettagroup.com.
JOB TITLE: Prototype Build Technician
REPORTING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta. This role would ideally suit somebody with automotive electrical experience who wished to move into the rapidly expanding and exciting electric vehicle industry.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a mechanical / electrical technician who will assist us with the manufacturing of our prototype products, tooling and drivetrain projects. This involves working collaboratively as part of a team on a variety of tasks that will help us develop our motors, processes, customers, and ultimately develop the company.
Although experience of working in a similar environment would be advantageous, what we are really looking for is a motivated, competent person able to demonstrate technical abilities and with a drive to deliver in all aspects of work every day. A background in, or experience of automotive electrical would be very useful. The right attitude and mindset are vital for this position!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To support our Engineering team with motor and vehicle prototyping, building and testing.
- To engage in the assembly of various components (motors, stators, controllers etc.).
- To agree and deliver project targets to a high standard and on time.
- To both identify the need for and undergo any training that may be required to complete projects to the highest standard.
- To be able to follow internal standards and procedures including any quality related requirements.
Profile & skills:
- Some technical abilities: general mechanical understanding and competence with tools.
- Have a ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks.
- Be open to change: both temporary priority-driven change and longer-term change arising from procedure development.
- Display the ability to identify and resolve problems and issues.
- Be innovative and proactive.
- Keen to learn and develop with the company.
- Previous experience of Automotive electricals would be an advantage.
- Basic Word and Excel skills would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.