Lime is looking for a Public Policy Analyst to help manage our relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders as we aim to expand our services across the UK in 2021. Based in London, the role will sit within our Policy and Communications team.
Lime is the world’s largest and most experienced micromobility company, and has operated its successful shared e-bike service in London for just under three years, delivering over three million rides. You will join a team of public policy leaders who share our vision for new and environmentally friendly transport options and have the unique opportunity to use your public affairs and communications skills to directly contribute to Lime’s commercial growth in London and across the UK.
You will need the ability to work flexibly, engaging in a range of public affairs activities – and producing high quality results. You will be comfortable working independently and owning responsibility for projects, tasks, and geographic areas and will have experience building relationships with elected officials (both local and national), local authorities and important third sector stakeholders. A strong understanding of UK politics and policy is essential – as are the skills to communicate effectively both externally and internally and to manage multiple deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Help manage relationships with local authorities, transport partners and third sector stakeholders, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey Lime’s priorities and strategies
- Help local authorities, transport operators, local partners and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities
- Plan and execute campaigns on specific issue areas or in specific geographies such as a City or London Borough.
- Collaborate closely with other Lime team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities
- Work closely alongside the Director of Policy and Public Affairs Manager to monitor and identify issues, political developments and upcoming challenges for Lime
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years+ experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid startup pace
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, and leveraging tech for good
- Commercial drive to use your public affairs and communication skills to grow Lime’s business in London
Lime strives to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.