To apply for this job please visit www.apcuk.co.uk.
We are looking to recruit a PR Manager to help ensure the APC and its work is at the forefront of all key stakeholders through the media. Based at our offices on the University of Warwick campus in Coventry you will be part of a wider communications team dedicated to delivering the UK’s commitment to net zero carbon by 2050. You will lead the development and deliver a media relations strategy, working with our agencies on a national platform as well as be the first point of contact for any media relations. This role may UK and international travel.
You will also be a key ambassador for the APC and will be required to present and represent the organisation at a variety of occasions, project, events, often to a wide and diverse audience.
- Work with a small and highly motivated communications team and lead the day-to-day management of the press office function.
- Identify, develop and implement a structured media relations strategy in conjunction with our agencies that will grow the APCs reach and reputation – including an outreach programme to connect key APC personnel with the media.
- Day-to-day liaison with our agencies to include regular KPI and status reviews.
- Liaise with the Automotive Unit in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to secure integration with our communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers in other partner organisations within and beyond the automotive sector such as the Catapult network, Innovate UK, LowCVP, SMMT, regional bodies as well as organisations across other sectors e.g. ATI, MARI-UK.
- Manage and maintain our extensive media database.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing ‘hot topics’ database which incorporates all issues relevant to the automotive industry and the APC. To include a library of all current and previous APC statements.
- Implement and maintain a media monitoring function to include a full record of all APC coverage.
- Update the monthly dashboard for reporting all the PR work on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with all functions within the business, particularly Project Leads, to support communication plans and support for funded projects.
- Liaison with key stakeholders and business spokespeople to manage availability and a calendar of speaking engagements.
- Network with external influential and high-profile individuals, corporate partners, as well as internal senior stakeholders.
- Set and maintain benchmarked standards of quality and value-for-money.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years public relations experience in agency or in-house.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex topics into clear messaging.
- Solid planning and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of managing a press office function, including the ability to implement processes and reporting.
- Comfortable instigating and maintaining dialogue with media and stakeholders, including government.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate both independently and as part of a wider team.
- The ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Good team player and adaptable to working within a small team.
- Able to work in cross-business teams and build a rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Quickly build relationships and keep people at ease.
- Practical, hands-on and get things done attitude.
- A flexible, diligent and supportive style.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to make informed decisions on the go.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
Closing date: 11th January 2021
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive if you do not hear from us by Monday 25th January 2021 please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.