Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? Passionate about communications? Passionate about communications? Believe that business can act as a change for good? Looking for a meaningful job? Looking to join a like-minded team of people? Then this position is for you!
TerraCycle and Loop seeks to hire a creative, resourceful and driven PR professional who likes challenges and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Public Relations Manager will report to the Head of Communications and will work predominantly on the French side of TerraCycle & Loop’s business, directly with numerous TerraCycle and Loop Europe teams, brand partners and consumers. The position is based in Perivale, West London.
What is TerraCycle & Loop?
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 20 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, JDE, Carrefour, Tesco,…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions.
Loop is a first of its kind circular solution designed to tackle single-use packaging. A zero-waste shopping platform featuring everyday products from household brands, in refillable, durable packaging. Moving brands, retailers and consumers from disposable to reusable.
Loop was launched in May 2019 by TerraCycle, which has been Eliminating the Idea of Waste® since 2001 by recycling the non-recyclable and reducing disposability at its source. Working with many of the world’s largest consumer brands (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Mondēlez,…) as well as smaller ones (Braam, Petits Bidons, La Petite Fabrique Provençale…) and some of the world’s largest retailers (Tesco, Carrefour, Walgreens,…). It is a groundbreaking step towards the end of single-use disposable materials and the beginning of a circular economy for the consumer goods industry.
In Europe, Loop is live in France with retailer Carrefour and launching later in 2021 with Metro. An online UK pilot with retailer Tesco launched in 2020 (and launches into the first Tesco stores later in 2021) and a reusable coffee cup pilot in a number of McDonald’s restaurants will also launch. Loop is also live in the US (with Walgreens & Kroger) and Canada (with Loblaws). Loop will also expand in 2021 to Japan (with AEON) and Australia (with Woolworths).
We are looking for a dynamic, highly organized and team-focused Public Relations Manager with experience to support our fast-growing operations in Europe.
The successful candidate will integrate into TerraCycle and Loop’s Communications team located in the European HQ in Perivale, West London, and report to the Head of Communications. They will also work closely with and help manage PR Executives.
- Support the definition and implementation of PR campaigns mainly for TerraCycle France and Loop France but also to support with Loop UK as and when needed
- Oversee the operation of a reactive and pro-active press office for TerraCycle France and Loop France, support the launch of new products & new brands on Loop
- Work closely with / help manage, coach and grow the PR skills and capabilities of young PR Executive’s in the team.
- Monitor the French media to identify suitable opportunities for TerraCycle and Loop
- Drafting and distributing press releases and pitches
- Maintaining relations with the Communications departments of various brands partners for both TerraCycle and Loop
- Developing in-depth reports of media success for partners and internal use
- As and when required:
- Act as a spokesperson to the press
- Write awards entries, blog posts, company newsletters and communications etc
- Attend events on behalf of both TerraCycle and Loop and support with the logistics when required
- 4+ year’s experience working in Public Relations in a similar role
- Manage and develop a small team of PR Executives
- Native French Speaker (or equivalent) with excellent communication and writing skills in French & English (German would also be a plus)
- Good knowledge of the French media and sustainability sector (ideally the recycling sector) (but English media knowledge also beneficial)
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Passionate about sustainability, media and innovation
- Ability to work within a team, in an international working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with different functions
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities
- Proactive and solution-focused
- A degree in an appropriate field (PR, journalism, marketing, business, management…)
- Salary in line with experience.
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- Online Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and upcycled work environment
- Start date – March 2021
Please send a short cover letter (a couple of paragraphs) when applying. Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle & Loop reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle & Loop are Equal Opportunity Employers, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.