As Beam’s Public Sector Partnership Lead, you’re helping Beam grow its reputation in the public sector as a world-leading innovation in social impact.
With an excellent knowledge of the public sector’s structure and how it procures services, you’re well placed to support Beam’s expansion, both nationally and internationally.
You’re a confident presenter and natural networker across the breadth of government and employment support providers, creating visually inspired decks that inform and impress.
A firm understanding of analytics means you’re comfortable with social impact metrics and modelling the savings created by Beam for different stakeholders in the public sector.
You’ve applied your strong written skills to winning written funding applications before, and enjoy getting your head round complex ecosystems and frameworks.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
- Opening and closing partnerships in local and central government that increase Beam’s impact
- Testing and iterating the proposition for different stakeholders in government through email and in-person meetings
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam’s prospective and current government partners
- Registering Beam’s service offer on relevant procurement frameworks and bidding for new work on publicly tendered contracts
- Scoping and modelling new market opportunities eg expanding the service into new areas, working with new cohorts.
- Building a strong public sector brand for Beam through events, networking and relevant speaking opportunities
- Working with Beam’s lawyers to ensure legal compliance underpins new pieces of work
- Working to ambitious company and individual KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- >2 years high-quality professional experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a partnerships, sales or procurement role
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- An understanding of how to build and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model proposals and Beam’s potential impact on a new area of work
- Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with central and local government stakeholders
Compensation & Perks
- £35-45k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break
- Brand new MacBook Air or PC
- £250 annual wellbeing budget
- £200 annual learning and personal development budget
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at top brands
- ‘Beam team talks’ with some of the UK’s leading tech entrepreneurs