At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a proactive Purchasing Manager to join our Materials team. Based out of Bicester you will work alongside Team Leaders, Procurement and Stores Managers ensuring consistent availability of best in class materials in line with business requirements.
- Demonstrable purchasing experience
- Confident inventory management
- Familiar with purchasing systems and relevant software
- Excellent relationship and supplier engagement
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple requirements at any one time
- Adaptable and responsive
- Strong organisational skills
- Personable and friendly attitude with an excellent work ethic
- Experience with trade compliance
- Work across the organisation, in collaboration with the Procurement Team, and Logistics and Compliance, whilst leading purchasing activities within Material Team
- Implement best practice from across Arrival into Materials Team purchasing activities and methods
- Interrogate quotes and invoices from suppliers to ensure we are getting good value products and services
- Actively seek out alternatives that offer better value for money
- Create metrics and track costs to aid decision making
- Work with team leads and the Materials Coordinator, Stores Manager and Tooling Projects Lead, to ensure they have all the materials they need to fulfil their tasks; preempting material shortages and communicating material availability
- Process payment requests into purchase orders same day
- Set up suppliers on the relevant system and populate and maintain supplier list of procured items inc; cost, lead time and minimum order quantities to ERP (Odoo)
- Organise shipping of materials, samples, moulds, patterns and other items to and from Arrival sites, and within Arrival
- Add items to the inventory management system and work with the Stores Manager with potential hazards such as COSSHH, compliance and H&S
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.