At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
Person will be responsible for managing a wide purchasing for a wider variety of products across the UK based R&D teams.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Cost analysis and negotiation
- Effective cost reporting
- Ensure we have clear RFQ documents
- Assess manage and mitigate risk to the business (supply and exposure)
- Sourcing, ensuring deliveries support development requirement
- Raise requests, expedite through the approval process and issue PO’s (occasionally)
- Sourcing experience (Low/High volume)
- Proven negotiation experience and track record – cost down, New product introduction
- Ability to assess supplier’s suitability for Arrival (Quality certs, financial checks)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Keen ability to assess needs of multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Good communications skills
- Computer literate – able to use multiple set of software
- Must been keen to learn about new commodities and processes
- Experience buying a range of different commodities – manufactured and black box components
- Ability to mange and track orders
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Proven ability developing supplier relationships
- Committed and reliable
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.