To apply for this job please visit onpurpose.org.
Want to work in the social and environmental impact space? On Purpose’s Associate Programme is a unique year-long retraining opportunity that pays you to develop the skills, experience and network to transition into a purpose-led career.
Apply now for the April 2022 cohort of the Associate Programme.
Fast-track your way to a purpose-led career with:
- Access to the best minds in the social and environmental impact space
- Opportunity to retrain and earn while you learn
A tight-knit cohort of 15-20 likeminded and ambitious Associates to work alongside
- Work placements with top purpose driven organisations
- Best-in-class leadership training and mentoring from industry professionals
- Competitive advantage to propel you forwards in your impact-led career
How it works:
The Purpose Associate Programme is made up of four key parts:
Purpose-driven work placements
You’ll be matched with two purpose-driven organisations for 2 x 6-month placements (working 4.5 days/week). Organisations we have worked with include Big Society Capital, Save the Children, Oddbox, Samaritans, Systemiq, and many more.
Learn from experts
You’ll be enrolled in an intensive Learning & Development programme with weekly sessions from experts from across the social and environmental impact space (0.5 days/week). You’ll develop your knowledge and leadership skills to help you deliver impact alongside your cohort.
Mentoring & coaching
Access 1-2-1 support with fortnightly mentoring sessions and executive coaching every quarter to develop yourself personally and professionally.
Develop your network
In addition to your placements, you’ll become part of the On Purpose community, connecting with alumni and our international network.
Earn while you learn:
The Associate Programme is unique in providing our Associates with a gross salary of £1,800 per month to support your participation and value the important work you’ll do.
How the Associate Programme can transform your career:
- 90% of our Associates continue working to create social and environmental impact after the programme.
- Typically associates are earning £45,000 p.a within 6 months of completing the programme.
- Alumni have gone to take roles including Managing Director of Divine Chocolate, Sustainability Manager at ODDBOX, and Investment Manager at Big Issue Invest.
Who we’re looking for:
Specific sector/ industry experience is not important. We’re looking for talented people from diverse industries who have a determination to bring their skills and experience to purpose-driven projects.
You should apply if you:
- Have a minimum of equivalent to 3 years full-time professional experience and the right to work in the UK
- Are able to communicate with fluency in English
- Have worked in an office environment and completed tasks with some complexity
- Are genuinely excited about building a career in the impact space
- Can drive forward and manage projects and turn ideas into reality
- Are persistent, and know when to compromise or to involve others when working towards a goal
- Are persuasive, good at inspiring others and have some experience of dealing with conflict or sensitive situations
- Are pragmatic, self-sufficient and are energised by new experiences or changing situations
- Can break down problems into solvable elements whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Are comfortable with numbers and quantitative analysis
It would be nice if you had experience in some (not all) of the following:
- Managing stakeholders and partners
- Project management
- Strategy development
- Analysis or research
- Business development
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences and people often under-represented in the impact sector. This includes people with disabilities, and people from all ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities, religions and cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Curious to find out more?
Register your interest in the programme and we’ll share more information on application instructions. To apply you’ll just need to submit your CV and answer four questions about your skills, work experience and why you’d like to join the programme.
- Final application deadline: Monday 25th October at 9am
- Interviews are scheduled to take place mid/late-November
- Programme kick-off: April 2022
If you’d like to speak to our team or hear from current Associates and other candidates, sign up for our Introduction Event here.
We’re also recruiting fluent French and German speakers for our Associate Programmes in Paris and Berlin.
You’ve read this far, you might as well apply!
Important information: You must have a minimum of equivalent to 3 years full-time professional experience and the right to work in the UK. You must also be able to communicate with fluency in English