Software | Up to £40k | Primarily remote but must have easy access to our London office for some on-site testing
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Due to rapid growth and investment in the expansion of our business, we’re looking for an exceptional QA Engineer to join our growing Software team. You should have an obsession for quality, an amazing eye for detail, and the ability to form detailed test plans and cases that align with the mission of our company.
You will work closely with the product, QA and the development team to assure the quality of a wide range of web and mobile solutions.
The position will report into the Head of Product and will be based remotely (however, you will occasionally need to go to our Old Street office for on-site testing).
What you’ll do
- Continually work to improve the quality of our software and the efficiency of our release process
- Check against acceptance criteria to ensure that deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Review product requirements and UX designs prior to development, providing feedback where necessary
- Investigate issues raised by our customers and by the business, creating bug cards in Jira for development as needed
- Work closely with the Product and Development teams throughout the sprint to ensure a successful delivery
- Define the End to End testing pipelines working closely with Software, DevOps, Data & Salesforce teams
What you’ll need
- Strong experience creating and executing manual & automated tests (coding required)
- Experience writing automated tests for web applications, mobile apps, APIs and backend services
- Thorough understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experience evaluating and improving testing infrastructure
- Experience isolating, replicating, and reporting defects and verifying defect fixes
- To know how to leverage monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics
- Experience using Agile planning tools (e.g. Jira, Trello, etc.) and documentation tools (e.g. Confluence)
- You’re always learning new QA tools and looking to advance your skills
- You’re organised and detail oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts, you may have considered a career in juggling
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!