The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reachPlan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Hello, we’re Kantan. We’re part of OVO Group, a family of brands on a mission to drive progress towards zero carbon living.
Our aim is to be the UK’s most trusted home maintenance platform.
We are a startup striving to disrupt the £45bn home maintenance marketplace by bringing smart digital experiences to an industry traditionally underserved by technology. We are reimagining the experience of discovering and delivering home repair, installation and maintenance services. Find out more here.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
At Kantan we’re changing the lives of tradespeople by giving them the tools to excel in a competitive marketplace. Our product is an operating system for tradespeople that helps them make more money, manage their customers and manage their business. We are scaling rapidly and are on track to reach 2,000 tradespeople and 300,000 households by the end of 2020. We are funded by the OVO Group and have formed key industry partnerships that are helping us to realise our goal of revolutionising the £45 billion home services industry.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team and help create and own our testing strategy with the software engineering team. The engineering team is responsible for building the core platform that connects supply to demand, manages allocation and completion of work, and ensures that work is delivered reliably and to a high quality.
We are looking for someone who loves to build elegantly simple products, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail. If you are excited by the opportunity to bring creative use of technology to disrupt an industry, then we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Manually QA our app and website and further the coverage of automated tests
- Maintain the list of officially supported platforms and device types
- Carry out a full regression testing of the app and the web site at regular intervals
- Test all the new features against the supported platforms with a wide range of permutations
- Assist the writing of user stories to ensure the acceptance criteria cover all edge cases
- Work as part of an agile team on deliverables that are key to the success of the business.
- Drive the evolution of the Tech Team by enhancing our processes and how we report on them.
- Plan and coordinate end-to-end testing activities across projects and product teams within agile teams.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the business across multiple streams of work.
- The creation and timely delivery of testing deliverables including test reports and metrics on overall end-to-end quality of BAU sprint work and projects.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in impact analysis and test scope/test coverage management.
- Experience of writing acceptance criteria and test scripts along with experience of prioritizing scripts for regression testing (that could be used in future for test automation).
- Creating regression test suites that are easily maintained and accessible for other Software Engineers/QAs to use.
- Experience of managing bugs that are raised and ensuring that they’re handled correctly by all involved, ensuring speedy and quality resolution.
- Have proven skills in operational service and experience of working in an environment where priorities are constantly changing.
- Excellent customer-facing and relationship building skills that will be useful in communicating with some of our third-party providers.
- A strong focus on customer service and have the aptitude to go that extra mile for our customers.
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Most importantly as a person you have a proven service background with good technical IT knowledge and are generally interested in technology.
- ISTQB Software Tester Foundation certification (ISEB).
- Exposure of using SQL to interrogate DBs for investigation/analysis purposes.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Contact Centre Platform software and the energy industry.
- Use of automated test tools such as Selenium, QTP, TestRunner or TestComplete.
- Experience with use of test case management tools such as Quality Centre, Microsoft Test Manager, TestRail or other similar tools.
- Working knowledge of JIRA
Want to check out more?
Working in Tech at OVO Energy
Check out our Tech Stack
Watch our video about joining OVO Tech Team
See how we work on our blog and our Tech Blog
OVO tech github: https://github.com/ovotech
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application