Bulb is an energy management company and a Tech company. Our mission is to reduce bills and lower carbon emissions. Over 1.7 million people in the UK are now Bulb members, and we recently launched in France, Spain and the US (Texas). We’re also a certified B Corporation. People, planet and profit are our priorities, that’s why we believe the best way to deliver our mission and to have an impact is to be an effective and competitive organisation..
This is an exciting opportunity for a QA Tester to join an ethical and tech-led company. As part of our technology team you’ll help us ensure we’re making services that our customers will love to use. From defining what quality means, to building automated tests, and making sure we’re making the right features, you’ll be working in an open and collaborative environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
* Working within the technology team to help increase the overall quality of our products
* Analysing requirements of new features and ensure we’re testing the right things
* Reporting and prioritising bugs and issues raised in a variety of channels
* Building and executing manual and automated end-to-end tests across our websites and apps; e2e frameworks you’ll be expected to use are Cypress and Detox
* Performing regression tests across browsers and platforms
* Contributing to automated test suites by writing tests or pairing with developers
* Communicating with stakeholders and our customer experience teams
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we’re also open-minded. If you recognise yourself any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
* Experience in web and mobile app testing
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Experience in user acceptance and regression testing
* Can take a context driven approach to testing
* An understanding of software engineering processes
* Knowledge of automated end-to-end testing techniques and tools
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.