Operations | Salary up to £36k per annum | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Qualifying Supervisor to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Field Services and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Ensure our team are up to date with Qualifications and Competencies required to perform their field roles safely and access sites.
- Maintain Pod Point’s competency database.
- Manage the Pod Point’s ECS portal and ensure that all operatives are holding the correct cards.
- Work closely with our field team (occasionally in person) to ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner. (E.g. containment, use of tools and equipment, etc)
- Liaising with key stakeholders of the business to create and deliver content to reduce installation issues and increase compliance, for our internal team and external partners.
- Champion our Health and Safety Culture
- Support other Qualifying Supervisors with overflow of countersigning certifications, inspecting/auditing work etc if needed.
What you’ll need
- Be capable of identifying and planning for areas of required improvement
- Great key stakeholder and communications management skills
- The ability to teach and deliver training to a large field-based team.
- Have good IT skills (e.g. Office, Electronic Electrical Certificate software knowledge) and a genuine willingness to develop these areas.
- Be a fully qualified and experienced electrician with a solid understanding of current wiring regulations. Must be qualified to at least 17th edition, with desire to achieve 18th edition.
- A clean driver’s licence is necessary.
What’s “Nice to have” but not essential
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer – although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!