Help us make a big green dent in the universe
We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are growing our Acquisition Quality team and so have an opportunity for a Complaints and Quality Coordinator to join our new hub in Newcastle.
The role will be varied, and you will need to have passion for raising the bar on quality standards. The work you will be doing will be critical to everything Octopus Energy represents.
An effective sales team doesn’t compromise on quality and compliance, and you will be responsible for ensuring that our brand ambassadors receive the most up-to-date information, the best service and ensure that our teams are always delivering excellence to our customers – both current and potential.
What you’ll do
- You won’t just be listening to interactions and conducting investigations. You will be responsible for Quality Assurance across our sales channels
- Monitoring the quality assurance of our sales channels – regularly reviewing sales recordings and making sure our brand is being represented to the highest standard
- Conducting swift and thorough investigations of complaints and feeding back your investigations to the relevant channel lead
- Investigate and monitor quality and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action
- Liaising with our partners to feedback improvements and positive comments to the Brand Ambassadors or identify potential issues or trends that could be forming within sales teams
- You will investigate, respond and feedback complaints to relevant leaders and departments
- You will be responsible for managing the complaints from the start of the query – to finish; and finalising the reply as well as reporting on trends, issues and make commercial recommendations
- You will be instrumental in driving a culture of excellence and support a customer centric team of brand ambassadors
What you’ll need
- Ability to learn on the job in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Be a back-up for work colleagues within the sales department
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Act with honesty and empathy whilst remaining objective
- Excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and equivalent
- Ideally experience within the energy industry would be preferable but not essential
- Ad hoc travel and overnight stays may be required
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing at Octopus Energy then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
We believe energy should be better – for you and the environment.
We believe energy should be better – for you and the environment. We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to nearly 2 million homes and over 15,000 businesses (including Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended energy supplier for 4 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus for Business, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services as well as our new net zero Centre – Octopus Centre for Net Zero.
We recently secured over £500 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company andTokyo Gas, to help us continue on our mission.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.