At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We are seeking a radar algorithm engineer that will be involved in developing radar sensor solutions using cutting edge radar technologies, working with bleeding edge technology providers and working on our own internal development projects. You will be helping to develop sensing solutions that bring these radar technologies to bear on our various vehicle platforms at Arrival.
- Assist in the development of the radar sensor and system requirements in order to cover the required system functionalities.
- Analysis of radar sensor and system requirements to extract the specific requirements for the radar algorithm development.
- Develop radar algorithms as required for MIMO radar sensors and systems, in order to fulfil the expected system functionalities.
- Implementation of MIMO radar solutions as standalone sensors and distributed vehicle sensing systems.
- Develop radar system architecture working with other elements of the sensor development team and collaborate to integrate the radar sensors and systems into our vehicle platforms.
- Develop new radar sensor system concepts and signal processing algorithms as required.
- Demonstrate algorithm performance and sensor functionality to team members, management and internal customers as necessary.
- To work in close collaboration with our other multi-disciplined engineering teams and technical partners, based in various locations globally, to deliver radar sensing solutions for the vehicle platforms and test environments.
- Provide radar sensor design and testing support, including the design and build of test fixtures as required.
- To guide troubleshooting and root cause analysis where needed on the radar sensor systems as part of the vehicle platforms and in test environments.
Requirements (Must Have)
- Radar signal processing and algorithm development in a MIMO radar application.
- Experience implementing algorithms such as CFAR, MUSIC and ESPRIT
- Good knowledge and experience of MIMO radars operating in the millimetre band, and antenna array design.
- Good hands on experience of MIMO radar systems engineering, testing and debugging.
- Education: Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical degree or equivalent experience.
Requirements (Nice to have)
- Experience with 4D imaging radar.
- Experience of interfaces such as, LVDS in the GB/s range, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN and CAN-FD.
- Experience with FPD-Link III, Automotive Ethernet interfaces.
- Digital system design experience with MCUs, FPGAs and mixed signal ASICs.
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace engineering sectors or new technology development.
We’d love it if you have:
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.