What is this Sylvera you speak of? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
Sylvera is backed by world leading investors (unannounced) and is on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years – we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Build a highly skilled team including quantitative analyst, data automation analyst, , geospatial analyst, quality controller and production process builder
- Collaborate with machine learning and ratings framework development team to productise ML prediction and new ratings frameworks
- Responsible for organising the team to produce high quality and quantity ratings to meet commercial needs
- Build up production and quality control process for scale
- Create a culture of ownership and collaboration within team
What do I need? ❓
- At least 3 years of professional experience in delivering end-to-end data product into a production environment
- Highly organized, process and detail oriented-driven
- Trained in a quantitative discipline
- Experience in working in a product and software environment is desirable
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- To care about the future of the planet and wants to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible!
Brownie Points 🍰
- Familiar with scrum and agile methodologies
- Professional experience working with financial data, ratings, or ESG data
- Experience with geospatial and machine learning data
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our product stack.
Competitive salary, location dependent. Equity is available dependent on experience.
You also get paid to save the world which is nice.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.