An opportunity to join a leading international climate NGO working with over 300 multinational businesses to drive rapid expansion of renewable electricity.
The Climate Group is looking for a talented and ambitious RE100 Engagement Officer to support the growth and impact of RE100 by driving exciting engagement activities for and about our members as they strive towards achieving 100% renewable electricity across their global operations.
About The Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
RE100, the largest corporate clean electricity initiative in the world, works with over 300 of the world’s largest companies, who have committed to sourcing 100% renewable electricity. Led by the Climate Group and in partnership with CDP, our mission is to accelerate change towards zero carbon grids at scale. Members include Apple, Unilever, Sony, IKEA and Microsoft.
With our growing membership across global markets, the RE100 Engagement Officer will play a critical role in enhancing our member relations and evolving tools by which we communicate with members and showcase their activities to the wider world. The RE100 Engagement Officer will also take on responsibility for design, management and/or delivery of new engagement-focussed campaign projects as appropriate.
Supporting the RE100 Engagement Manager, the role involves close working relationships with the rest of RE100 team in an exciting and fast-moving campaign environment. Key relationships also include Climate Group’s Communications, wider Business Actions teams and our technical partner CDP, together with RE100 colleagues and partner organizations in India, US, China, Europe, Japan, Australia, Taiwan and South Korea.
The role offers exciting opportunity for professional development for an ambitious, talented and creative person with a passion for creating a sustainable future.
Tasks will include the following, and flexibility to undertake additional roles or support other parts of the Climate Group’s work may be required:
Member engagement and content management
- Managing RE100 newsletter, monthly events bulletin and associated digital marketing techniques to bring key information to our members in the easiest, most impactful form
- Managing and developing content on the RE100 website
- Helping to drive continuous improvements in RE100 member engagement and communications activities
- Driving a pipeline of impactful stories and case studies highlighting our members’ successes
- Ensuring RE100 marketing and membership materials are up-to-date
- Maintaining data and mailing lists using Salesforce, Pardot and FormAssembly platforms
- Developing new ideas and ways to better support RE100 member communications
- Working closely with Climate Group’s Communications team to deliver key new moments and develop impactful messaging to support the work of RE100
- Supporting the RE100 Engagement Manager on developing and maintaining a prioritized plan of member communications and engagement activity
- Project managing member engagement activities, including the annual RE100 Leadership Awards
- Supporting the delivery of RE100 membership proposition, including providing webinar support and onboarding new members to RE100
- Ensuring approaches in-line with Climate Group’s media and social media policy and that work for both RE100 and the wider promotion of Climate Group as a whole
- Professionally engaging with members, partners and other external stakeholders
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships across the business and communications teams
- Keeping up-to-date with recent member news and developments
- Working flexible hours when required to support events and announcements across international time zones
- Supporting Climate Group’s key activities such as Climate Week NYC
You will be able to demonstrate proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Commitment to the mission of the Climate Group, RE100 and our business action campaigns
- Experience in delivery of high-quality collateral for professional audience such as newsletters, video or other media
- Experience in website content management
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in order to meet strict timelines and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with proven ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders internally and externally across a range of cultural contexts
- Experience of working with business/private sector stakeholders
- Proactive and able to work independently and unsupervised to deliver tasks and achieve project objectives
- Team player with the ability to identify where support is needed and proactively support colleagues
- A strong desire and ability to develop skills and experience in line with the needs of a rapidly developing campaign
- Knowledge and experience of renewable electricity markets (detailed engineering knowledge is not a requirement of this role), as well as other energy-related climate issues
- Experience working with CRM platforms including Salesforce, Pardot or similar
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of how environmental campaigns create change
You will be employed at our London headquarters. Since COVID-19, our London office has been working mostly from home with the ability to use our temporary office near Borough for key meetings with colleagues. From September, subject to government guidelines we envisage to return to office-based working with flexible blended approach (e.g. 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home). We are also in the process of moving offices to a new permanent London location (Zone1). Until then, this role can be done remotely but will require the post holder to be based in the UK. This position may require international travel.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary for this position is £25,600-£27,999 per annum based on experience. In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information, please contact Guste Saduikyte, RE100 Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The closing date for submitting your application is 27 June 2021.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.