To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are an ethical, planet friendly energy company who were founded in 2017. We want to put you in charge of your energy usage and help keep the planet a cleaner, greener place!
Using mainly renewable energy, we want to provide a simple, fair and affordable solution for all our customers, including those currently in fuel poverty.
Who are we?
What do we want to do?
- Eradicate fuel poverty
- Put 1million customers in charge of their energy use
- Bring trust back to the energy market
- Give 75% of our profits back to our customers
About the role
Reporting to the Success Manger, the purpose of this key role is to own manage and develop People’s Energy Debt strategy and to lead and manage the DCA Team.
The DCA manager’s role encompasses both internal and external responsibility to maximise cash flow position by managing 3rd party recovery of overdue debt covering the various payment methods in accordance with Credit Management strategy and policy, measured through agreed KPI’s. The Debt Collection Agency Manager role will be responsible for optimising the performance of 3rd parties in the collection of delinquent debt, in line with Credit Management policy and strategy.
This role will work closely with a panel of 3rd party DCA’s, Success team, Billing and Customer Services and Credit Management and will be responsible for maximising recoveries performance, introducing and streamlining processes to impact cash flow whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Owning and leading on People’s Energy 3rd party/DCA debt strategy to maximise cash flow.
- Operate clearly defined processes to minimise any exposure to bad debt.
- Lead and develop the DCA team to ensure they have a well-defined process and procedures to support individual development and address any skills gaps.
- Define, implement and monitor our DCA management process ensuring that we are operating in a compliant and controlled manner.
- To ensure all debt whether related to management agencies or key accounts is managed and tracked and reported on in a timely manner.
- To minimise any exposure to bad debt, pinpointing key areas for improvement in relation to adhering to our policy and Credit Strategy
- Develop and implement robust reporting for DCA and 3rd party’s performance to drive performance.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd Party debt collection agencies and ensure we provide accurate and timely information whilst adhering to our compliance policies.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders within the business to ensure cash flow maximisation is achieved whilst maintaining our high level of Customer Service.
- Actively drive ongoing process improvements.
- Recovery of debt aligned to business plan.
- Reduction of average debtor days In line with business KPI’s
- Accountable for a growing portfolio, with minimum 4k delinquent debt events per month
- Improve overall performance metrics across current Debt collection process – AOI plans to be delivered.
- Consistently achieve departmental KPIs”
- Increase member satisfaction rating through Trustpilot by 0.4 points.
- Improve and increase our Employee Satisfaction scores
- Improve on Attrition & absence levels across the team.
- Experience of working within the energy supply industry with a Proven track record of managing 3rd party debt collection agencies and commercial relationships.
- Highly experienced in account management / client servicing within a legal recovery setting
- Legal / DCA background with experience of managing multiple high value accounts.
- Full understanding of the collections and recoveries life cycle
- In depth understanding of credit and debt management processes.
- Experience of working within and managing a Debt/Collections department
- Proven experience of managing a large volume debt book for high value complex customers in the energy industry.
- Strong commercial awareness, experience of managing projects and leading teams in a customer focused environment.
- Demonstrate success in streamlining/process improvement to achieve targets.
- Skilled in managing teams to service complex contracts and maintain relationships with high value customers whilst focusing on the business needs.
- Achievement of results within a customer service department, driving business improvements, cost savings, customer satisfaction, and revenue generation.
- Demonstrable ability in leading and developing teams, including monitoring and managing performance, coaching and development, whilst motivating and inspiring your teams
- Lead a team, peer group and department through change management as we shape, develop, and grow the DCA department in line with People’s Energy strategic plans.
- Manage, develop, and enhance the levels of customer service we offer to our members across the customer journey, internally and eternal to deliver an outstanding level of customer satisfaction.
- Can interpret and analyse data and performance against targets to identify and respond to gaps in our processes and procedures.
- Identifying and highlighting further opportunities to improve operational performance, services and process improvements.
- Ability to demonstrate and translate business strategy into day-to-day delivery, by making recommendations based on key MI to improve MST efficiency and productivity.
- Passion for delivering high levels of customer service in a regulated environment.
- Engaged and passionate leader with a talent for developing others.
- Role model and promotes an open and honest culture.
- Ability to build trust across varying levels.
- Acts with integrity and displays a real sense of purpose.
- Encourages innovative thinking.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Keen eye for detail, and sound judgement
- Acts With Integrity
- Inspiring to Others
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.