📍 Location: London / Remote in GMT+/-3 hours
⏰ Start Date: ASAP
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
You’ll be the first person to join our talent function, working closely with Co-founders and Chief of Staff to set up our in-house recruiting. You will help build the talent function from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious individual who is looking to do something big with their career – building a world-class organisation in an emergent sector.
You’re excited about Sylvera’ mission. You’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’re both a natural people person and a structured problem solver. You’re an energised and organised self-starter.
You will lead the full recruiting cycle, including:
- Conceptualising roles, developing skill maps and setting criteria in collaboration with the hiring manager
- Developing a scalable, in-house recruitment process from the ground up
- Sourcing talents and be the touchpoint for candidates throughout the process
- Running the recruiting process incl. CV screening, conducting interviews, managing scheduling, collating feedback etc
- Be the catalyst that sparks their interest in Sylvera
- Training internal team on interviews skills
- Potential to grow responsibilities to cover the whole People function – depending on aspirations and skillset
- 3+ years of technical recruitment experience at a technology company (ideally at a startup)
- Strong understanding of software engineering and machine learning talent markets
- Experience with full life cycle talent management
- Working experience within a fast-moving and ambiguous environment
- Natural people person with polished communication skills (oral and written)
- Highly organised self-starter who gets things done
- Bachelor degree and above
- Right to work in the UK
- To care about the climate and ecosystems of Earth, and to want to change incentives so they get valued and protected.
Brownie points for? 🎂
- Can recommend someone for one of our open roles
- Being the first Talent hire at another startup
- Have exposure to People Operations (Onboarding, career planning, compensation, etc.)
Competitive salary + Equity
You also get paid to save the world, alongside an amazing team, with a 50/50 gender balance and 9 nationalities.
NO AGENCIES THANKS