At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving annual volume sales and dollar profit targets, manages and develops all Foodservice Selling Agencies within the Northeast region and often manages major customers and distributors. The Regional Sales Manager is an expert on all matters relating to the trade such as knowing key decision-makers plus customer agendas/objectives and must be focused on driving sales via a strong emphasis on maximizing distributor and large leverage operators with customer activity. The Regional Sales Manager must have the ability to work well within a team environment, especially with internal support groups (Marketing, Customer Service, Logistics, Forecasting, Management, R+D). This position reports to the VP of Food Service.
This position can be based anywhere in the Northeast region near a major airport.
- Responsible for executing regional strategic plans with broker
- Develops and executes sales plans to achieve distributor and operator sales.
- Achieve Sales plans in designated region
- In conjunction with brokers, target 2nd and 3rd Tier Distributors in the market and may call on 1st Tier Distributors at times.
- Conducts sales presentations for broker, distributors and large operators.
- Teaches and trains broker Sales representatives.
- Manages channel sales through brokers with the help of The VP of Food Service.
- Conducts sales meetings for distributors and brokers.
- Makes sales presentations to distributors, operators.
- Responsible for product pricing at distributor and operator levels.
- Build great relationships and manage regional contacts at all broker offices in designated region
- Analyzes sales reports and execute necessary and positive changes.
- Responsible for problem solving with all customers with the help of the inside sales department.
- Code of Business Conduct – Every employee is expected at all times to contribute to a positive working environment.
- Education: Four year college degree in Business or equivalent industry related experience
- Experience: 10 years Foodservice Sales experience with a minimum of five years in Broker management or supervisory role. Food Service distribution, broker or manufacturer experience a plus
- Specialized Knowledge: Computer knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to motivate and engage; strong interpersonal skills
- Remote role based in assigned region with 50% travel required
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.