📍 Location: London / GMT +/- 5 hours. Can be remote, in office or hybrid.
⏰ Start Date: ASAP. End date: Flexible
What is this Sylvera you speak of? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
Sylvera is backed by world leading investors such as Index Ventures and collaborates with leading institutions such as University College London, UCLA and NASA -JPL. We’re on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years – we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Contributing to the development of remote sensing pipelines, tools and models for evaluating forest and soil carbon projects
- Contributing to the delivery of production-grade geospatial data
- Working with the ML team to identify corner cases and to refine the models
- Working alongside our academic partners who are leaders in the earth observation and natural carbon community to push forward the state of the art
- Supporting, training and hiring other tech team members to ensure awesomeness across the team
What do I need? ❓
- Strong working knowledge of remote sensing data e.g. Optical, SAR, LIDAR
- Strong working knowledge of Python and geospatial libraries and packages i.e. GDAL, rasterio, Earth Engine, XArray, QGIS
- 2+ years of industry experience (or PhD and 1 year in industry) using remote sensing data
- Good foundations of software architecture, object-oriented design
- Breadth of coverage and capable of making informed decisions about choice of tools, models and approaches
- To care about the future of the planet – you want to solve climate change in the highest leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Has worked with forest or soil datasets
- Knowledge of classical Machine Learning or/and Deep Learning
- MSc or PhD level in relevant area
- Experience contributing to product development
- Experience working with developers deploying models in a production environment
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
£40-£90k p.a. 0.15-0.25% stock options.
You also get paid to save the world which is nice.
NO AGENCIES THANKS