Arcola Energy, a Ballard Power Systems company, is one of the fastest growing hydrogen technology companies in the UK, working with some of the most progressive local authorities, fleet operators and OEMs to meet their zero-emission targets. Arcola has more than 10 years of experience in delivering solutions that address the deployment gap between rapidly evolving low-carbon technologies and production-ready solutions.
Position: Reports to: Location:
Head of Compliance and Integration
Arcola is operating a hybrid model, with the job holder supporting programmes in England and Europe as well as other international opportunities
Requirements management for Arcola Energy projects involving development of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and related subsystems. Responsible for the definition and management of requirements ensuring that Arcola’s automotive designs comply with customer and legal requirements.
- Capturing, cascading and decomposing regulatory standards and customer requirements.
- Supporting other Arcola Energy activities where required Experience and competencies:
• Degree in engineering
What you’ll receive in return:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Support towards CEng accreditation and your membership fees paid for IET/MechE
- Flexible work arrangements – we are currently working from home and doing it well
- An opportunity to directly impact projects – from concept through to production
- Free tickets to the Arcola Theatre (subject to availability), and Arcola staff discount on food and drink in café/bar
- Supporting the production of new requirement statements
- Managing the requirements on engineering projects, ensuring they are fully documented
and traceable in line with the requirements management plan
- Monitoring the status along project development and ensuring integration
- Coordination of integration testing & development of sign-off specifications
- Supporting technical documentation (manuals, instructions, risk assessments, etc)
- Work with customers and supply chain to capture, ensure and evaluate compliance to
- Relevant experience in requirements management
- Knowledge of automotive EU and UN regulations, preferably including electric vehicles
- Preferable: Understanding of electrical systems (batteries, electric machines, inverters, etc)
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work cross-functionally in the Arcola team
Arcola Energy delivers solutions that significantly improve environmental performance compared to
incumbent technologies, contributing to the development of cleaner, greener, more secure, more
democratic energy and transport systems, enabling healthier living for everyone.
We are committed to fostering a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future team, we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org