SYSTEMIQ is a systems change company that partners with business, finance, policy-makers, and civil society to make economic systems truly sustainable. We combine high-level research with high-impact, on-the-ground work.
Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems, with a current focus that includes low-carbon energy, materials and the circular economy, and regenerative oceans and land use. These disruptions are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also open up immense opportunities for the businesses that drive them.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies and capital to transform economic systems:
1. We convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
2. We work with pioneering companies that want to drive the change in their industry
3. We co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
4. We invest our own venture capital and expertise to accelerate business innovation and drive system change
5. We direct larger pools of capital so that they are invested for long-term sustainability, and we work to accelerate the transformation to a greener, more inclusive financial system.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
The talent we need
Our business has grown year on year since we were founded in 2016 and we are now looking for an experienced Resource Manager to join in our Operations team in London.
A career in Resourcing at SYSTEMIQ will provide you with the opportunity to work across a global line of service staffing, helping our company be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You’ll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required.
As a team, we want to maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of SYSTEMIQ associates to our global projects. In addition, we also want to ensure our people are developing and have every opportunity to work on projects that they are passionate about, that will help them grow professionally and personally, as well as hone their skills and capabilities.
- Drive immediate, medium, and longer-term workforce planning of SYSTEMIQ global
- Manage the team by optimising headcount, increasing utilisation and being aware of the impact on employee engagement
- Delivering the manpower and resourcing plan by having a deep understanding of the platform growth plans and headcount required to support these; balancing these with the needs of the individual
- Providing insight to business leadership on forecast staffing utilisation scenarios
- Develop staffing strategies to solve complex SYSTEMIQ project challenges
- Be actively involved in staffing associates to business development activities
- Conducting regular portfolio reviews to ensure maximum utilisation, fit with the existing and desired skills of individuals, development and fair allocation of work for each individual
- Positively influence the financial management of projects through staffing decisions
- Keep up to date with national and international SYSTEMIQ challenges & issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships with SYSTEMIQ colleagues
- Share knowledge, best practice and network with your colleagues across the business
This is an exciting time for Resource Management as we build on the professionalism of our people and work closely with the business to develop and implement SYSTEMIQ business and people strategy.
- Deployment and manpower planning with experience of working in a Professional Services environment
- Experience of managing a business unit that is geographically dispersed globally – currently the business has resources located in 7 global locations
- Ability to influence global mobility within the organisation
- Strong people and interpersonal skills
- Look for deployment opportunities and build relationships across the business
- Managing people and their development
- Conflict resolution
- Project management and organisation skills
Our work and global focus on SYSTEMs change in society is incredibly diverse & so we are very keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high-calibre, driven but friendly and fun team!
Please send your application via our website. Any questions on the application process please feel free to email Michael Round at Michael.Round@systemiq.earth