At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for achieving annual volume sales and dollar profit targets, manages and develops all Retail Selling Agencies within the region and often manages major customers and distributors. The Retail Sales Manager is an expert on all matters relating to the trade such as knowing key decision-makers plus customer agendas/objectives and must be focused on driving sales via a strong emphasis on maximizing distributors and large leverage operators with customer activity. The Retail Sales Manager must have the ability to work well within a team environment, especially with internal support groups (Marketing, Customer Service, Logistics, Forecasting, Management, R+D).
- Responsible for executing regional strategic plans.
- Develops and executes sales plans to achieve distributor and operator sales.
- Achieve Sales plans in designated region
- Conducts sales presentations and drives meetings for customers
- Builds great relationships and manages regional contacts in designated region
- Analyzes sales reports and execute necessary and positive changes.
- Responsible for problem solving with all customers with the help of the inside sales department.
- Experience: 5 +years Retail Sales experience with account management experience
- Four year college degree in Business or equivalent industry related experience
- Specialized Knowledge: Computer knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to motivate and engage; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience selling value added protein preferred
- Experience selling to key accounts at both a buyer and senior level
- Remote with Ability to travel 30- 40%
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.