To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we give 75% of the profits back to customers. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
As a Revenue Protection Administrator, you will cover all aspects of the Revenue Protection process, dealing enquires from both internal and external sources. Initiate Revenue Protection investigations into suspect accounts and liaise with external agencies along with calculating and applying charges to the accounts in question.
What’s great about working at People’s Energy?
- Ethical Cause
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Birthday Days Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Extensive Mental Health Support
- Yoga and Meditation Classes
- Fun and Engaged People
- Packed Social Calendar
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Generous Employer Pension Contributions
- Financial Employee Referral Rewards
- Growing Additional Benefits Package
Roles and Responsibilities:
- End to end processing of data within the RPU team
- Ongoing communications with colleagues throughout the business and external third parties
- Working with suppliers and third parties to book appointments, communicate issues and provide updates to other areas when required
- Data input via various industry flows
- Dealing with industry exceptions such as Theft of Gas & Tampering of meters
- Processing & handling escalations
- Making recommendations for change and if/when required assisting the implementation of new processes and documentation
- This position involves a high degree of responsibility and excellent attention to detail
- Reporting on our performance in all areas related to Revenue Protection
- Being adaptable and having the ability to pick up new work processes & move between processes
- Helping to develop & implement work guides
- Ability to help support & train others, areas within & out with the team
- Liaising with others within the business to help ensure full understanding of the RPU process
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Basic Excel Skills would be advantageous
- Capable of working independently
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience working within a back-office administration role is essential
- Experience of using varied back office and task management systems
- Experience of working within a Revenue Protection role is preferred but not essential
- Experience of working with data flows, within the energy industry is preferred but not essential
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Salary: £19,500.00 /year + depending on experience