Started in 2015, Bulb is here to help people to save on their bills and lower carbon emissions. We do that by giving people access to affordable, renewable energy while helping them to make smarter, greener decisions at home. So far, we’re making good progress. Over 1.7 million people in the UK are now on Bulb, and we recently launched in France, Spain, and the US (Texas). Bulb was named the UK’s fastest-growing company in 2018 and 2019. Together, we’re building a new kind of energy company.
As a certified B Corporation, we believe in business as a force for good. We use technology to create simple, intuitive tools that help our members to save on their bills and cut carbon. We complement this with great service to make energy simpler, cheaper, and greener
As the Reward and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for our total reward strategy and the People team’s operational delivery.
You’ll partner with senior leaders to make strategic reward decisions and manage all our reward activities like benchmarking and our promotions cycle. You’ll also set the strategy for our benefits, looking at how we can refine and expand our current offering. …
You’ll manage our people operations, processes, and structures across the whole employee lifecycle. You’ll constantly be looking at how we can make things better, creating efficiencies, and improving employee experience.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a growth-oriented, analytic, and driven reward expert with a strong operational skill-set. You’ll get to work with great leaders, solve complex problems and directly impact our ability to achieve our mission of lowering our members’ bills and their carbon emissions.
– Define our global reward strategy and proposition, ensuring we remain competitive and an employer of choice.
– Ownership and execution of all reward processes (benchmarking, bonuses, leveling) and policies, ensuring alignment of principles and philosophies across international markets.
– Manage our employee share option scheme, including routine audits and increasing engagement and uptake.
– Establish effective People operations, looking to improve existing processes and implement new ways of working
– Manage relationships with our vendors, managing renewals, and negotiating to ensure we get the best deals for our benefits.
– Manage strategic projects covering bonus, benefits, performance, and reward elements. This could be implementing an HRIS system, redesigning our bonus scheme.
– Work closely with finance and senior managers on headcount reporting and budget
What you need:
– Strong experience, including specialised reward experience.
– Had success designing reward frameworks and managing reward activities in a high-growth company like Bulb.
– Expertise in process improvement and creating efficiencies through automation and technology utilization.
– Experience in working with people systems and be part of rolling out new providers.
– Analytical and data-literate, with a proven ability to generate insightful analysis from People data
– Confidence in both running and updating processes, and can implement continuous improvements without breaking your stride
– Strong programme management skills and a track record of delivering effective projects on time
– To demonstrate high operational discipline and attention to detail even when moving fast
– Confidence working with senior leaders, both in understanding their requirements and presenting your findings
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity, or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One-month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.
Read more about our hiring process – it includes interview tips! https://bulb.co.uk/careers/join-the-team/