To apply for this job please visit charitybank.org.
Purpose of the Role
To provide support to the Compliance & Financial Crime Manager (CFCM) and other members of the Risk and Compliance team in the development and delivery of a comprehensive risk and compliance framework that enables the Bank to meet regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis.
The role will assist in the oversight and maintenance of effective compliance arrangements and the management of operational risk.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Contribute to the development/establishment of adequate in-house controls and compliance procedures and maintain appropriate records/registers.
- Contribute to the development of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) to meet the needs of the business and regulatory system and undertake business wide reviews covering SYSC, COBS, DISP, TC, BIPRU, SUP, Data Protection/GDPR and JMLSG requirements within the agreed framework for Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)/Conduct Risk; provide reports to the Compliance & Financial Crime Manager/management team on findings.
- Provide support for ensuring appropriate AML and DP/GDPR arrangements are in place and relevant legislation is complied with. Investigate/submit reports, as relevant, to the appropriate agencies.
- Review/approve financial promotions and undertake reviews of Self Sign-Off (SSO) promotions.
- Act as alternate for the Compliance & Financial Crime Manager in attending internal and external meetings, where required.
- Assist with preparation of reports and management information and prepare/submit regulatory returns.
- Provide advice, training and guidance to the business on regulatory matters and support training administration.
- Support Internal/External Audits.
- Review regulatory papers and monitor outside developments to determine relevance/impact on the business – communicating to risk and compliance team members and other stakeholders proposed/pending regulatory changes and their likely impact on the business so that the Bank can put appropriate processes in place to meet future regulatory requirements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge/awareness of relevant regulatory issues/future trends.
- Lead the co-ordination, analysis and reporting of operational risk, providing support and challenge to the business teams through reviewing and challenging department risk registers and co-ordinating operational risk events.
- Provide general risk support to the CRO assisting in the delivery of a proportionate and effective Risk Management Framework, including the identification, analysis, mitigation and reporting of risk across the business.
- Provide technical advice/guidance on risk matters.
- Assist the CRO with reviews, as required.
- Help to identify new regulatory/infrastructure developments that may affect the company’s risk profile.
- Undertake general administration duties, project work and minute meetings, as requested, and participate in staff forums/meetings, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Compliance function and wider CRO team and represent the team appropriately across the organisation and Charity Bank appropriately to the wider community.
Download the full job description
Closing date and time: Wednesday 10th February 2021 at 5pm
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your CV together with a covering letter letting us know how you meet our essential criteria to email@example.com
Data Protection Notice:
As you will be providing us with personal data as part of the application process, we’d like to draw your attention to our Fair Processing Notice for Applicants which outlines how and why we are using your personal data and your rights under data protection legislation.
Our general Privacy Notice can be viewed at charitybank.org/privacy.