The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting to the Senior Framework & Governance Manager, you will play a fundamental part in providing an effective Risk and Governance function. As Risk Governance Analyst, you would be working to ensure risk & governance frameworks are in place and embedded across OVO Retail.
The Compliance and Risk team is a new one, created following the acquisition by OVO of SSE Retail, and this is an exciting time to join the team as it integrates both businesses, working to deliver a best in class Compliance and Risk service.
What will I be doing?
You will be supporting the framework & governance team to ensure the right structures to support good governance and risk management are in place across OVO Retail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting implementation of the overall Risk Framework for OVO Retail
- Facilitating key governance meetings that manage and oversee risk and compliance across OVO Retail
- Assisting in the maintenance of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines related to risk, governance and controls
- Preparing materials for mandatory training relevant units across OVO Retail
- Collating communications and reporting data across the wider Compliance & Risk group
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate will have a passion for risk management and a desire to ensure good governance. You will have an ability to work cooperatively within OVO to assist embedding appropriate risk and governance structures.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of supporting a risk management, or governance function
- Started studying towards a recognised professional qualification in risk management or governance, and/or be either degree level educated
- Attention to detail with the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to challenge as appropriate
- Resilient in character with strong ethical values and a desire to get it right
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Flexible. This role has the flexibility to be based in either our Bristol or Havant offices.