To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. In 2021 after closing a Series B funding round (we are awaiting full public announcement before we can share the money raised) the Onto team is now setting up for explosive growth.About the role
You will be joining the new but rapidly growing Onto for Business team. The difference between the Onto for Business team and the core Onto proposition is this team offers the solution directly to businesses and fleets. This is a critical role within the team supporting them through such an exciting stage of growth.
You will be a key individual responsible for all administrative support and process development behind the Onto for Business team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• You will manage and maintain company CRM system (Hubspot) – data entry, lead management, design and compile a wide range of reports, analyse data, maintain CRM data quality standards.
• Research, responding to queries, handling initial inbound queries
• Work with Account Managers to deliver efficient driver on-boarding, order processing and foster a continuous improvement in our service and adaptability to a business’s ever-changing needs.
• Provide administrative assistance to the account management team including calendar management, scheduling and attending meetings, minute taking, distributing actions and compiling reports.
• Work with wider teams to ensure a smooth user experience.
• Data entry to our systems to onboard businesses and generate invoices.
A bit about you
It is essential that you can multitask in a friendly, fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment and work quickly to master-detail under pressure. The ability to remain calm is key and you’re able to bring order to complex tasks with tight deadlines.
• Passionate about customer service
• Previous experience in a Sales Admin / Customer Service role ideally from a Logistics or similar background.
• You are able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
• First-rate problem-solving ability, embracing change and able to adapt quickly.
• Able to work autonomously as well as being a positive team player
• You have a good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets
• You have excellent written, verbal and listening skills
• You are highly organised with a strong attention to detail
What we offer you
• Fantastic growth opportunities and autonomy in a high-growth start-up
• An environment where you are empowered and you can drive forward change
• Regular performance reviews and based on performance, great career development opportunities as the business scales.
• Competitive salary according to experience, plus the opportunity for share options
• 25 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays
• £200 Annual Learning budget
• Team Socials (virtual ATM)
• Onto car salary sacrifice scheme
• Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Benefits Hub
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 based on experience