Impact Hub King’s Cross is expanding its core team and is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Sales & Community Coordinator to join our team. This is a great opportunity if you’re passionate about helping build communities of social entrepreneurs and who ideally have a background in sales or hospitality.
Working within the Operations Team, the role combines sales, customer service, community building and facilities management.
Be the first person that our members and guests see when they come into our space, and provide a warm welcome and friendly service and community philosophy that is core to our values. The ability to build relationships, provide a flexible service and respond to a range of queries in person, online or over the phone is vital.
Sales (50% of the role)
- Community promotion: Working closely with the rest of the Operations team and Communications Manager to promote Impact Hub King’s Cross membership packages, meeting room bookings and event hires
- Lead research: Using online searches and partnership enquiries to Identify potential sales leads for membership and events, and keep our database of contacts up to date
- Sales outreach and negotiation: Reaching out to new potential members and room/event bookers in a clear and welcoming manner through email, LinkedIn and cold calling, demonstrating insight into their needs, outlining membership packages and meeting room / event space that would suit their needs, undertaking tours and sales meetings to close deals with potential members or bookers
- Securing meeting room and event bookings: Providing prompt initial responses to enquiries, whether by email, phone or in person, chasing enquiries in an efficient and friendly manner, driving sales of meeting rooms and event bookings through various methods and upselling, utilising our CRM software (Nexudus)
- Data reporting: Keeping track of key numbers and information in our sales funnel to inform our decision-making and updating our weekly dashboard in relation to sales figures.
- Team approach: Ensuring that team members are kept in the loop regarding tours, new members, event logistics agreed with bookers and other relevant details to ensure we provide a top quality service
- Managing the reception desk: Developing a positive relationship with members and guests, including welcoming and registering visitors, and answering phone calls and emails, and ensuring the smooth running of the coffee bar, delivering the highest possible level of customer service and food and hygiene standards
- Build and strengthen our core foundation of Community: Network building and making introductions to members and partners based on their professional needs and co-facilitation of social or inspiring and informative events for our community
Other Occasional Duties
Support event delivery: Set-up of the space for events on the day, which includes AV equipment and rearranging space layout to suit the clients request
Daily checks: Daily space checks for cleanliness, maintenance and health and safety
Facility Management: Supporting the delivery of maintenance projects as and when required across the building and liaising with suppliers to ensure our supplies remain fully stocked at all times
- At least 1 year experience in sales or retail
- A problem solving attitude and operational mindset
- Ability and discipline to keep detailed and accurate records and follow up efficiently
- Ability to stay calm, responsive and well-organised under pressure
- Resilience in the face of negative reactions to cold calling/emails
- Confidence to speak with senior management on a professional level
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including good spelling and grammar
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow routine processes efficiently
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours
- ICT proficient, including MS Office, a range of social media platforms and the ability to grasp hold of new tech including our CRM software (Nexudus)
- An outgoing personality and a friendly, empathetic and insightful attitude towards the public
- Ability to manage a complex and multifaceted workload
- Ability to work within a team, but also independently
- Enthusiasm for the social economy, values-driven business, and charities
- Experience in hospitality
- Experience in research and data analysis
- Experience in negotiation
- Interest in growing within the team and taking on more responsibility according to ability
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Time off in lieu
- Medical cash plan
- Profit share scheme
Working hours: Normal working hours are 37.5 per week not including a break. The shift times will be 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday, but flexibility may be required at times to cover the morning shift (07:30 – 15:30) or evening shift (12:00 – 20:00).
How to Apply
Send an email to us with:
- Subject line: “Sales and Events Coordinator”
- Attach your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, and how you meet the person specification.
Applications without both a CV and a cover letter may not be considered.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. To limit any unconscious bias, all applications will be anonymised. Please let us know if you have any other accessibility needs.
Unfortunately we cannot sponsor work VISAs.
Deadline for applications: 9am on Tuesday 5th April 2022.
Interviews will be held on 15th April 2022. Please keep this date free.
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to successful applicants.