To apply for this job please visit terracycle.breezy.hr.
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world’s largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2020.
About the Position:
This position is for a Material Sales Associate on the Storied Materials team within the Material Sales & Solutions division. While this will start as a work-from-home position, this is an in-person office job based out of TerraCycle’s UK office. The Material Sales Associate will be responsible for building and converting a pipeline of sales conversations that lead to paid R&D projects and commercialization by our brand partners. This person will report to the Material Sales Lead for Storied Materials, who is based out of our Trenton headquarters. This is an important role that will require some training around areas of polymer science, material processing/recycling technologies, and end-use for manufacturing; things that are not normally required of a salesperson.
The successful candidate will be a “creative hustler” with outstanding communication and organizational skills. The position requires someone with an imaginative mind who can think on their feet in order to tie a relevant story to a specific waste stream or product category. Training will be provided to develop that skillset further, but it is very much a position for the quick thinker. It is critical that the candidate be able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment and be able to manage a varying schedule due to the global reach the job requires.
- Like all salespeople at TerraCycle, this person will be required to build and maintain a sales pipeline that produces at least a 3:1 or greater ratio for profit dollars to salary dollars.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of active conversations with brand partners, packaging convertors, and other stakeholders who may want to use unique recycled materials from TerraCycle.
- Build and pitch custom proposals based around stories and materials that both excite the customer and are executable by TerraCycle.
- Pull Sales Team Lead into conversations where support is needed due to a high-profile brand, high-profile contact, or unique circumstances that require a certain level of touch.
- Provide weekly status updates, including all relevant sales transaction paperwork, to the Sales Team Lead for Storied Materials.
- Work very closely with your Sales Team Lead and the Global Project Manager for Storied Materials to determine process flow, timelines, prerequisites for success, cost estimates, etc.
- Any additional responsibilities that spin out over time.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Masters is a plus.
- No sales experience required but must show a demonstrated ability to sell (and pivot) during the interview process.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel in particular.
- Ability to learn and adapt to modern CRM software (i.e. HubSpot, Sales Force, or other) to capture all activity with a prospective or active client.
- Proficiency using modern telework programs such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and similar programs.
- Ability to drive and travel to off-site meetings or processing facilities on occasion (2-3 days per month, on average).
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed (1-2 days per month, on average).
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Note: International candidates must hold a valid UK working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.