To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Overall Purpose of The Role
The overall purpose of the role is to realise growth targets for People’s Energy via the Direct Sales Channels, whilst closely managing the volume of partners in our portfolio, efficient on boarding and CPA. There are detailed plans across the sales functions that are set for People’s Energy to move into a profitable position by year end 2021 and to further cement this in 2022. This function is a key part of that plan, alongside Strategic Partnerships Price Comparison Websites and In-House Telesales.
While growth and profitability are imperative – it is essential that driving the above levels of success should be achieved whilst continually aligning with business level expectations and, more importantly, a customer centric viewpoint.
- To deliver business profitability by contributing gross sales and gains within a specified budget to the overall sales target.
- To contribute to steady portfolio growth – this will be delivered by maintaining a steady customer life span and retainable base.
- Deliver Telephony & Door to Door channel Sales and Gains within the specified budget including total spend and CPA over both gross and net gains.
- To deliver back to the team and the wider business a clear and concise progress report including performance to date and transparent reasons for said performance.
- To deliver back to the team and wider business clear forecasting metrics over short, medium, and long term using all knowledge and data available.
- To maintain the company ethics and ideals throughout all partnerships.
- To demonstrate clear communication to both internal and external stakeholders throughout a period of significant growth for People’s Energy.
- To formulate and maintain a quality scoring matrix and delivery against that matrix for all partners.
- Clear understanding of energy industry processes including; definition of a broad range of energy related factors from metering, generation, debt, payment, customer acquisition routes and many others.
- Experience of managing a budget and/or P&L with strict governance.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to transfer those skills from boardroom to boardroom across different business sectors and equally to grass roots employees.
- Experience of working within or in partnership with external partners/vendors
- High level presentation skills to communicate at CEO/MD level quickly and efficiently.
- Task focused with strong time management skills.
- Target driven mentality.
- Sales experience within the energy sector or other utilities.
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities quickly.
- Ability to recognise risk and act upon it before risks become serious challenges.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.