This is an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join our new direct field teams in Cardiff.
Octopus Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join our new direct field teams.
You’ll be taking part in a brand new concept within face to face sales. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face sales.
Here at Octopus, we’re working hard to reinvent face to face marketing by combining better customer data, our innovative tech platform (Kraken Technologies) with local targeted marketing in order to create more detailed and engaging conversations.
As a Sales Executive, you’ll be a brand ambassador! You’ll be at the frontline of our brand and as such, you’re responsible for showing the best of Octopus Energy.
About the role
- Your role will be to ensure every conversation you have delivers excellent customer service
- You will value meaningful honest conversations, which allow customers to make informed choices and you will pride yourself on ensuring that every interaction is of the highest quality
What you’ll get
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Holiday – 23 days plus bank holidays
- Remuneration – we’re changing the face of field marketing therefore, we believe all of our brand ambassadors at Octopus will receive a competitive basic salary as well as uncapped commission
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
- Previous experience in face to face sales will be essential (although it doesn’t have to be in energy)
- An understanding of face to face sales or face to face customer service
- Clearly demonstrate a proven track record of success within a customer facing role
- The ability to work collaboratively with your colleagues in order to influence and inspire
- Clear communicator with a focus on listening and acute attention to detail
- Honest, focused, and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational changeExperience of working autonomously
- Adaptable personal style able to receive constructive feedback on standards of performance and behaviour
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing at Octopus Energy then we’d love to hear from you.