At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 40 million users in 16 countries saving more than 79 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 197,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Specialist to join our UK Sales team, focusing on Food Manufacturers & Wholesalers.
You’re driven to build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by building a partner network of food and drinks manufacturers, producers, and wholesalers, and help save their surplus stock from the bin. You’ll research the segment, build your pipeline, and sign new partners onto the app.
Reporting to the Manufacturers Team Lead, you’ll work together to find solutions to the unique challenges these partners face surrounding consumer-friendly pick up points, locations and processes.
- Build relationships with potential partners within the food & beverage industry nationally, focusing on SME manufacturers and producers, as well as wholesalers and distributors
- Research the industry and build a pipeline
- Win business through proactive cold calling and networking, in line with targets
- Define and execute the best strategy for winning each partner, including knowing when to bring in a team member based on location, scale or business type
- Maintain reports on progress and share them with colleagues in and out of the UK to drive best practice
- Collaborate with other departments to onboard partners successfully
- Find solutions to challenges driven by large supply and/or poor accessibility
- Collaborate with and learn from other colleagues in Global and other countries to find solutions to the common challenges in the Industrials segment
- Be an ambassador for Too Good To Go with trade associations to spread the movement within this segment
What you should have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a sales role or a role with sales-related skills
- Experience cold-calling, demonstrating the resilience and motivation to achieve high call volumes
- Experience working with or within the food & drink industry, ideally with manufacturers or wholesalers
- Ability to create your own plans, monitor performance and report on progress
- A desire to learn from others by sharing insights and connecting with colleagues within and outside of the UK
- A genuine passion for the mission
- Excellent cold-calling skills
- High energy and self-motivation
- First class communication skills – from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,000 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary with opportunity for performance-related bonuses.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.