At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 40 million users in 16 countries saving more than 79 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 197,000 tons of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Specialist to join our remote team, working on the ground in Leeds and the rest of North Yorkshire.
You’re driven to build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafes, convenience stores, bakeries, takeaways, and local food retailers. You’re the first contact person of the store and will be doing a lot of cold acquisition, primarily on the phone, email and store visits (depending on restrictions). You will introduce potential partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste. You will work with the team to research the market to find interesting prospects, identify decision-makers and generate interest in Too Good To Go.
- Confident relationship builders who can quickly connect and empathise with potential partners (restaurants, cafes and more)
- Experienced cold-callers – these days we are heavily reliant on making outreach over the phone so you need be to used to high volumes of calls
- Excellent listeners who can understand a client’s needs and can present our proposition with clarity and passion
- Proactive business development calling new prospects with the tenacity to succeed even when things get a little tough
- Team players, who embrace the overall purpose of Too Good To Go and are ready to embody our values to be passionate, growth-minded, resourceful and creative
- Independent executors, who can prioritise workload while communicating clearly and openly with their manager
- Consistent and impact-focused performance that hits individual and company targets
What you should have
- At least 1 year of experience in a sales role or a role with sales-related skills, preferably in the food retail industry
- Experience cold-calling, demonstrating the resilience and motivation to achieve high call volumes
- A genuine passion for the mission
- High energy and self-motivation
- First class communication skills – from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing
What we have to offer
- The chance to do something that matters. As a certified B Corporation, we’ve been recognised as a business that uses profit and growth as a force for good
- An inspiring environment that values innovation, compassion and collaboration
- The chance to work with a talented team that shares a passion for making the world a better place
- The opportunity to grow within the team
- A competitive salary plus the opportunity for performance-related individual and team bonuses
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
How to apply
- We are passionate about recruitment and grateful for your interest! Please carefully read everything written above and check out our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your Resume and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. Resumes and/or Cover Letters will not be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.