This is a great opportunity for a candidate that has proven, in-depth experience, with the Salesforce platform to assist in supporting, maintaining, and providing input on the design of our solutions for our projects, fundraising, communications and operations teams across all of the Climate Group’s global offices.
A successful candidate will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global digital transformation. This role will be based in our London office and will report directly to the head of technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual to join a leading international climate NGO.
About the Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
The role will be part of the Operations team and will assist the Head of Technology in building and optimizing tools to support and enhance our Salesforce CRM, improve the overall user experience, as well as checking data integrity and monitoring the daily operations of the entire business system which comprises of Salesforce, FinancialForce, Pardot, and FormAssembly
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with the ability to priortize workload and assist where needed without direction. The successful candidate will have high level of attention to detail with excellent ability to multi-task when needed as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at different organisational levels and cultural backgrounds. You will be a great analytical problem solver with a friendly and outgoing attitude and a desire to learn new things and improve your skillset(s).
- Substantial experience as a SalesForce Administrator creating new fields, page layouts/ lightning pages, list views, custom objects, and custom record types
- Building SalesForce Reports and Dashboards
- Creating and applying the appropriate profiles, permission sets, and permission set groups to new or existing users
- Constructing formula fields and validation rules
- Advanced skill level in building both standard and custom Salesforce reports as well as dashboards
- Managing Salesforce Campaigns, Campaign members, Opportunities and Opportunity Products (i.e. stages, pipelines, managing currencies and exchange rates);
- Using Salesforce data import tools (i.e. Dataloader.com, Dataloader.io, Ondemand tools, Zappex, etc.)
- Creating and editing approval processes
- Build workflows and automation using Process Builder, Workflows, and Flows
- Provide both group and one to one training, support, guidance, and assistance when needed to our global team members
- General data clean-up such as record merges, duplicate management, and data consolidation
- Salesforce 201 advanced administrator certification
- Experience in implementing and deploying a Salesforce CRM organization instance
- Experience using the Pardot marketing automation platform
- Experience using the FormAssembly platform
- Advanced Excel user with demonstrated knowledge in using lookup and array formulas such as MATCH:INDEX and XLookup formula functions as well as familiarity with regular expressions
- Experience or familiarity with building queries using the SOQL language
- Experience or familiarity with using and working with FinancialForce products such as Professional Services Automation (PSA), Accounting, Conga, & Billing Central
You will be employed at our London headquarters. Since COVID-19, our London office has been working mostly from home with the ability to use our temporary office near Borough for key meetings with colleagues. From September, subject to government guidelines we envisage to return to office-based working with flexible blended approach (e.g. 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home). We are also in the process of moving offices to a new permanent London location (Zone1). Until then, this role can be done remotely but will require the post holder to be based in the UK.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full-time fixed term 12-month position with the possibility of renewal. The salary for this position is £36,000 – £40,000 per annum based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information, please contact Kemal Kelly, Head of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The expected closing date for submitting your application is 10th June 2021.
We are an inclusive employer who welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK, are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by the Climate Group.