Purpose of the Role
Support the Savings Team in achieving objectives and activities in a high-volume environment. Deliver outstanding service to the Bank’s savers, processing deposit administrative tasks efficiently and in accordance with the Bank’s policies & procedures.
Key Accountabilities include:
1. Customer handling:
- Ensure that saver account requests are promptly receipted and actioned and that general enquiries are responded to in a timely manner whether by telephone, letter or email.
- Take account of Data Protection rules and regulations and ensure that customer confidentiality is maintained.
- At all times work within the Conduct Risk framework including Treating Customers Fairly.
2. Deposit accounts:
- Complete manual Customer Due Diligence checks for organisations and individuals whether applications are postal or made online.
- Process postal and online applications onto Aurius (core banking platform), electronically scanning account forms, ensuring there is a clear audit trail and that transactions are compliant with the Bank’s policies and a right first-time culture is achieved.
- Process account maturities – reinvestments, closures or withdrawals and assist with maintaining appropriate audit records.
- Process deposit accounts credits received by cheque or electronic payment.
- Review all transactional processes and make informed suggestions leading to continuous improvement in best practice.
- Support deposit raising campaigns.
- Enter deposit data into Aurius, meticulously conducting account reconciliations and investigating any unusual items; generate accurate reports from the banking system and bespoke databases.
- Deposit the Bank’s cheques daily at the local branch, ensuring records for transactions are recorded accurately.
- Monitor your daily work volumes and prioritise tasks to ensure the departmental service level agreements are met.
- Document and test new products and procedures, working with IT. Create inserts for the department manuals.
4. General Operations:
- A main point of contact for incoming telephone calls, responding or re-routing them as appropriate.
- Liaise and cover for Office Managers team, ensuring that the incoming post is opened and distributed quickly; frank outgoing post, including the banking of cheques.
- Provide detailed management information about the savings portfolio as and when required.
- Ad hoc office administration including filing, archiving, scanning, cleansing data for marketing campaigns and data entry.
- Prepare and issue mail merges via email or postal means.
Download the full job description
Closing date and time: Tuesday 9th February 2021 at 5pm
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your CV together with a covering letter letting us know how you meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Notice:
As you will be providing us with personal data as part of the application process, we’d like to draw your attention to our Fair Processing Notice for Applicants which outlines how and why we are using your personal data and your rights under data protection legislation.
Our general Privacy Notice can be viewed at charitybank.org/privacy.