A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Our vision is bold, our product is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
The company is embarking on an entirely new aircraft concept, which will be vertically integrated through our Digital Platform and offered direct to customers. Our vision is to deliver outstanding customer value and highly efficient operation to become a new state-of-the-art service proposition. As our new ‘Cyber Security Architect’ for the Digital Platform, you would be one of the early joiners in the growing Cyber Security and Digital Technology function at Lilium.
The Digital Platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing the necessary systems that will manage our service, the aircraft fleet and vertiports. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication, and identification services amongst other passenger services. Our vision is to deliver a platform comprising a mixture of build and buy components, utilising the best of traditional airline technology to accelerate our delivery whilst innovating in the areas that are completely new or will drive market differentiation. Following a ‘security first’ principle, you will have the opportunity to shape the Cyber Security Architecture and Governance landscape for the entire Digital Platform. You will be a part of the Cyber Security team and report directly to the Head of Cyber Security with functional reporting to Head of Digital Technologies.
The complexity of the programme is high, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering, aircraft production and vertiport operations divisions. We also have many external operational and regulatory stakeholders such as our pilots, customer services, Airline Operating Companies (AOCs) and maintenance organisations. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team creating cutting-edge technology solutions making environmentally friendly regional air mobility scalable. You’ll be working alongside like-minded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolutionary new form of transport.
We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities for humankind.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. This position will be based in London.
Our team members are humble generalists and we’re constantly learning and applying new technologies to a ‘build’ tech stack that currently includes .NET Core, Go, Python, React, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, and Cassandra. In addition, we will be working with a number of technology vendors to supply specific ‘buy’ components that will be well integrated into a seamless Digital Platform. We expect to build and host these platforms using Amazon Web Services.
We’re not expecting you to know all these technologies but would expect you to be familiar with shaping security with this kind of stack. Our team members are constantly learning and sharing new skills every day – if you have a passion for security and technology, we’d love to hear from you.
Your Day to DayTasks:
- Leading security architecture tasks, identify design gaps, and recommend security requirements to internal and external teams
- Design and evaluate secured cloud architectures and interfaces between internal and external environments, particularly hybrid cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Being the subject matter expert on topics related to cyber security for Digital Technologies environment
- Support in creating a security governance framework to adequately measure the security maturity within internal and external business systems/processes
- Working independently to take up tasks and leading projects that would improve the overall cyber security maturity of the Digital Technologies business
- Security assessments of current and prospective vendors and partners, especially those with which we share intellectual property (IP), as well as regulated or other protected data, e.g. software as a service (SaaS) provider, cloud hosting providers, manufacturers, suppliers, etc.
- Initiate and build an overall asset protection program including Zero Trust design principles
- Support in creating a well-defined cyber security strategy and roadmap
- Participate in internal and external working groups representing cyber security
Successful candidates will be:
- Be motivated by fast paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are given to teams in order to create success
- Have a strong working knowledge of security infrastructure — e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, CASB and DLP
- Have experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modelling exercises for applications and services
- Be experienced in designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services, e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS)Have experience with security-related regulatory requirements, such as NIST, PCI, CSA, SOX and ISO 27001.
- Be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Be passionate about constantly getting better – with the drive to create continuous improvements across the organization
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level (with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities) and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our shared ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial and innovation principles guide an approach where we are pushing the bounds of what’s possible, whilst also ensuring our culture continues to be respectful and inclusive.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.