Limejump is an award-winning energy tech company, connecting customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work to revolutionise the UK energy industry.
We are an ambitious company, looking to change the way businesses and consumers interact with their electricity. Following our recent acquisition by Shell New Energies, we are looking for talented individuals to support exponential growth against our sustainable goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join an independently operating, fully owned subsidiary of a globally established energy company and to become instrumental in challenging and changing the smart grid space. Our culture is shaped by individuals who want to make a difference every day and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Limejump has built a reputation for delivering beneficial change in the energy market and developing technical innovation to drive sustainability. We are committed to growing a world-class commercial team that will strengthen our strong bonds with customers and enhance their experience of dealing with a market-leading energy supplier. Our Senior Account Manager position is crucial to achieving results against our revolutionary mission.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and hard-working person to join part of our commercial team as a Senior Account Manager in the Dispatch vertical, servicing and optimising both batteries and gas assets. In this role, you will be responsible for working with a select number of our larger accounts, and develop them while providing an outstanding customer experience in line with Limejump’s mission and commitment to customer-centric teamwork.
You will lead accounts-side delivery of Limejump’s ambitious commercial targets as part of a high-performance team. Success in this role not only takes the form of successful renewals and increased customer value but also increasing the adoption of our cutting-edge product offering across the portfolio.
This role will report directly to the Head of Account Management and work with peers across the organisation.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a visible subject matter expert within the commercial team, managing the relationships of a select number of our highest value strategic customers.
- Understand customer’s business needs and provide in-depth knowledge of the industry, including competitor insight.
- Develop and maintain meaningful active relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Create and maintain Account Development Plans for each Key Account while taking credible ownership for short, medium and long-term growth.
- Attend and facilitate customer meetings and site visits with our Engineering colleagues, to develop relationships and to build technical understanding.
- Use your industry contacts to generate referrals within relevant sectors of industry.
- Review and optimise existing contracts to unlock opportunities and benefits.
- Structure package solutions across Limejump’s PPA and dispatch offerings, taking into consideration ancillary services and synergies based on both commercials and service.
- Strategically develop team practices within the business to help escalate, track and solve customer’s issues.
- Act as customer champion for features and developments from our Tech team, as required for the larger accounts you’ll manage.
- Motivate and challenge our wider team’s functions, which include Pricing, Trading, Trading Analytics and Product, to drive truly competitive results for the customer.
- Represent the team at key customer and internal management meetings as an attendee and/or presenter, following through by writing reports that provide value.
- Liaise with contractors and partners to identify opportunities and develop relationships.
- Support in the scheduling, nominating and operations of dispatchable assets.
- A commitment to Limejump’s mission and drive towards a sustainable energy future.
- Ability to act as a role model for Limejump’s values and to be an ambassador for our commercial team in the industry.
- Excellent experience in the energy industry, with a focus on energy trading and renewables- we’d love you to have a knowledge of asset management and operation too.
- Experience in the trading, dispatch and optimisation of gas and battery assets, including NG ancillary services, BM and Gas supply contracts.
- A commitment to developing and building your industry knowledge and relationship network.
- Good working knowledge of UK energy regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills and success in applying them at work.
- Experience as an account manager focussing on key strategic accounts.
- Ability to multi-task and project manage work in a changing time-bound working environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and ability to present to a wide range of customer groups.
This role is office based at our Limejump head office in Kennington, London.
Note: All applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- A plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
- Fortnightly catered Lunch n’ Learns and skill-sharing opportunities
- A generous salary and performance bonus along with exciting opportunities for career development.
- A pre-loaded MasterCard for you to spend on your own development, complemented by 10% Innovation time during your work week
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme