We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; since 2017 we’ve been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We’ve also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020.
We are growing our Automation QA team and are on the search for a Senior Automation QA to join us! The QA team’s mission is to build and embed quality from the very beginning of the software development life cycle. To move closer to achieving our goal, we are looking for highly talented individual to join this fast-growing team.
So Energy has several projects ranging from legacy applications to cloud native micro-services which all require QA involvement. These projects are critical to the day to day functions of the business therefore we are looking for someone who has experience in prioritisation and possesses a quality first mindset. Some projects serve a large proportion of the business. These are non-web-based software which are centred around a Windows Desktop Application developed by a 3rd party. Therefore, the ideal candidate will need to have experience in this area, from a strategic perspective to automate test cases.
As part of the QA mindset we want someone who can coach the wider team on best practices for testing and quality, someone who can become an enabler for quality. Our users (external and internal) are extremely important to us. Understanding the challenges we face in moving from a legacy architecture to micro-services is key and the QA team require someone with this experience to foresee hurdles and triage with key stakeholders.
At this time, we are working from home but continue to recruit and onboard new starters remotely.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the QA lead to apply the overarching QA strategy
- Trialling complex requirements from product owners, developers and business stakeholders
- Setup, maintain and enhanced test automation frameworks for both mobile and web applications
- Provide QA governance to the development teams ensuring appropriate testing coverage is taking place
- Maintaining QA automation infrastructure by working closely with the platform engineering team
- Report defects in a clear manner and ensured they are triaged according to given SLA’s
- Conduct regular pre-release and post-release testing
- Reduce regression time by automating test cases
- Work with back-end, front-end and platform engineering colleagues
- Working closely with the UX/Product team to help them understand user’s behaviours
- Delivering open forum sessions on topics relating to QA for the wider team
- Hands on experience with mobile and web application testing
- Expertise with test automation tools for example Cucumber, JUnit, Karate and Serenity BDD
- Strong REST and GRPC testing knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin or Ruby based languages
- Experience with containerisation and associated tools I.e Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Security testing(DevSecOps)
- 2+ years plus experience with non-functional testing using industry standard tools for example Gatling or JMeter
- Provide clear ETA’s to the QA lead for given tasks
- Experience with test automation at scale (integrating with cloud services)
- Someone who can challenge fellow colleagues in a constructive manner to aid the quality of the product
- The Senior QA will also be responsible for providing timelines and estimations to the QA lead on projects
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free daily breakfast
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan scheme
- Excellent transport links
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Two days a week work from home
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all