We are changing the landscape of how families acquire bikes and we are looking for qualified mechanics to help us achieve our mission of getting the next generation cycling.
This role is perfect for someone who prefers working in a Workshop where you are able to get your head down and just focus on fixing and repairing bikes without face to face interaction with customers. We’re not all hard work and no play, so you can expect team outings, Friday beers and free team lunches while working with us.
What will a typical day look like?
- Servicing and repairing bikes sent back to us from our customers
- Inspecting bikes and diagnosing problems and applying solutions quickly
- Performing quality control checks and ensuring excellent quality of work
- Supporting Junior Mechanics with their technical development
- Submitting reports on bike issues and repairs
- Giving mechanical advise to our Customer Service team so they can solve customer queries
- Keeping the workshop clean and safe
What we are looking for:
- Someone who always keeps customers needs at the forefront
- An experienced mechanic who is able to troubleshoot technical problems (Cytech level 2 / desirable)
- Proven experience with servicing, maintenance and repair work
- Pride in your work and good attention to detail
- A natural team player and strong communication skills
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve problems
The Bike Club is changing the world of consumer finance by giving our community of members a strong alternative to purchasing bicycles for their little loved ones. We are able to create unforgettable memories by encouraging families to experience the wonders of cycling together. The icing on top is that we make it easy and convenient for our members to exchange their bikes as their children grow. Our service is hassle-free and quickly disrupting the market.
Perks & Benefits
- 33 days annual leave a year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 3% pension contributions
- £30 monthly discount on Bike Club subscription
- Team socials
- Free lunches
£24,000 – £27,000