FTC until 31st December
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Head of Brand Operations and working directly with the Retail Director of Brand and Marketing, this role is a critical part of the Brand and Marketing team. The focus of this individual will be to provide program and project support to the B+M leadership team and in particular the B+M Director; ensure that high profile projects across multiple business objectives are mapped, tracked and delivered with a high level of success. And that they are cascaded to all key stakeholders across the OVO Group business as appropriate. This individual will increase the effectiveness and profile of the B+M team in the business by defining efficient ways of working and keeping the team focused on the things which matter the most
What will I be doing?
- Working alongside the B+M Director to understand and prioritise key leadership level projects and to flight their delivery timeframes against key business objectives in line with resource
- Working closely with the B+M HODs to roadmap and project manage all major projects. Inclusive of milestone mapping, timeline planning and regular KPI reporting
- Managing the team diaries against all major roadmaps, ensuring key milestone moments are planned and managed appropriately (key meetings planned for and achieved)
- Development and management of a macro calendar mapping all external facing comms and calendar events across all brands for the OVO retail and group business. Creating one universal approach and liaising with all teams across the business to ensure the view is kept up to date
- Support of team leaders in the preparation of all weekly reporting, exco and board level reports, ensuring all input is clear, signed off and delivered in a timely manner
- Support B+M Director in the management of EXCO projects, timings and deliverables
- Drafting management decks for B+M Director where appropriate
- Management of all studio process for Brand and Marketing Director projects, including brief writing and management of creative output in good time for reviews
- Management of director level sign off process for the Brand and Marketing team; ensuring all key materials are managed and signed off appropriately
- Updating the KPI tracking tool for the B+M team weekly in collaboration with HODs and Director
- Managing data and process for OVO’s Marketing Commitments in which we have committed to carbon neutral marketing. This includes tracking and reporting impact, creating best practice documents and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to offset our carbon footprint
Is this the job for me?
- This role may suit a range of people from different backgrounds. We are looking for exceptionally organised individuals sitting at a senior marketing manager, project manager or program manager level. This role may also suit an experienced EA looking to take a step in a new direction
- You will be utterly passionate about brands, creativity and the role of brands in changing the fortunes of businesses and making the world a better place
- You will have experience of working in brand and marketing teams and have a very strong understanding of brand and marketing processes
- You will be adept at creating and managing project plans for high profile projects and well seasoned in working alongside senior stakeholders to support and manage these projects
- You will have an exceptional attention to detail, and a proven track record of delivering success across multiple work streams at any given time and will have impeccable time management skills
- You will be a capable writer, and be comfortable writing a deck or drafting a piece of team comms
- Over prepared and thoughtful, you are good at reading a situation, thinking ahead and acting autonomously to ensure positive outcomes
- A team player, you are a welcome addition to any team and are the person people want to invite into the room
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with a consistent level of change. Motivated by the opportunity to change the status quo and unphased by charting new territory
- Passionate about creating a zero carbon future for us and the generations that follow us
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.