Job title: Senior Building Services Consultant
Working hours: Full time
Location: Central London, with optional home working 3 days per week
Reporting to: Managing Director, Enhabit
Salary bracket: Commensurate with experience
Application closing date: 26th April 2021
Provisional interview dates: Week commencing 3rd May 2021 – initial interviews will be online
Introduction to the role
As the market for low energy homes continues to grow, we have a need for an experienced Building Services Engineer. This role will provide technical and leadership support to our building services team, playing a key management role and delivering high quality M&E design to residential clients.
Key features of the role include:
- Designing low energy mechanical systems (heating, hot water, ventilation, cooling) for residential buildings and some commercial
- Creating high quality design specifications and tender packs
- Providing technical support and quality assurance to colleagues
- Working directly with end clients to help them refurbish or build high performance homes
- Line management of a team of engineers and designers
- Operating with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once familiar with the role
- Supporting and developing colleagues to foster an environment of support and shared learning
Enhabit and Green Building Store are purpose-led companies with a strong ethical and environmental ethos. Tackling the impact of buildings and construction on the climate and ecological crises lies at the heart of our business activities. Enhabit is a consultancy that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. Green Building Store offers products and support for Passivhaus and low energy buildings. Both companies have extensive experience of working on low energy homes and buildings and combine technical expertise with outstanding personal service and aftercare. Together we are working to make low energy building simpler and easier, and to offer our customers a ‘whole house’ service.
You can find out more about the merger, and what we do, on our websites:
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- At least 5 years of experience in building services design including working on residential buildings
- Line management experience and the ability to manage and develop others
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working
- Knowledge of and interest in low energy buildings
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
- Ability to commute to the London office at least twice per week
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Understanding of heat pumps and their application to residential buildings
- Experience with MVHR systems
- Site experience including witnessing commissioning
- Membership of CIBSE
- A degree, HNC or HND in building services or related discipline
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
Working at Green Building Store and Enhabit
Green Building Store and Enhabit are innovative, ethical companies with a friendly and creative working environment and a supportive team ethos. We have high levels of commitment and motivation and expect this from anybody joining the business. We pride ourselves on top quality products and services alongside great customer care. All staff are made to feel included and discrimination is not tolerated. We are also committed to improving our diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are primarily looking for people that share our energy, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and averting the climate crisis.
Our London office has a central location close to public transport and everything the city has to offer.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Annual paid holiday entitlement of 28 days including bank holidays, with the option of swapping a week’s pay for an extra week of holiday
- Flexibility to work from home and the office; the successful candidate must be able to visit the office twice a week
How To Apply
Please apply via our Indeed account or send your CV, cover letter and responses to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role in the subject header. In your cover letter we would like you to explain why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the job specification.
- Can you explain in a few sentences what it is about our business that made you want to apply?
- Tell us about the biggest actions you have taken in your personal life to minimise your environmental impact.
- How many years of experience do you have relevant to the role?
- Would you be able to commute to our London office twice per week?
All applications will be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.