The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. Find out more here.
OVO Energy is OVO’s flagship brand, offering its pay-monthly customers an unparalleled suite of digital energy services, solutions, and technologies. OVO has smart data capabilities allowing people to take control of their energy and take advantage of our market leading technology.
When we launched in 2009, we set out to make energy better. We brought great service, clear information and honesty to the industry. These days our sights are set even higher – and we’d love you to be part of that journey
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
OVO’s Business Analyst community is growing and we’re looking for a BA to join us! You will work closely with energy industry Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to uncover detailed technical and business requirements, and will become an SME in your own right by developing a deep understanding of the UK energy market. We are constantly looking to improve our processes and you’ll become a key member of the team, identifying opportunities for change.
You’ll partner closely with project managers and product managers to deliver high quality outcomes for customers, and play an active part in shaping the evolution of our new processes. Your direct reporting line will be into our Projects & Change team, who will support your development within your specialist career path and give you access to a network of highly skilled BAs within OVO and our strong internal community
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement
- Make the complex as simple as possible
- Ensure the quality of OVO’s projects and products
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring that OVO always builds the best products and delivers the best solutions for its customers.
- Playing a leading role in project and product teams through precise requirement engineering.
- Translating business needs into technical requirements enabling development teams to develop solutions iteratively.
- Coaching exemplary business analysis skills to more junior colleagues to create a strong team who share knowledge across the department and the business as a whole.
- Working in a highly collaborative manner with in-house and third party developers throughout the implementation process.
- Leading on projects ensuring delivery to time, cost, and quality.
- Write (and facilitate the creation of) coherent user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Create visuals to meet the needs of the audience. (i.e. high-level conceptual visuals, low-level detailed visuals and everything in between) including being able to map end to end as-is and to-be states.
- Managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and ensuring the building of trusting relationships.
- Understand the tangible benefits of any change, challenge the value of a business case through effective questioning and understanding, and ensure the potential of an idea will be realised.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 5+ years experience in a BA role on medium to large projects within an agile technical and business change environment (multiple workstreams, cross-functional teams, incremental deliveries)
- Experience with BigQuery, SQL, Tableau or similar (desired)
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (desired)
- Experience of independently managing change deliveries end to end (advantageous)
- Energy industry experience (advantageous)
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
From us you’ll get …
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary performance based bonus (*)
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits (*)
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies at ovoenergy.com/careers and Glassdoor. We were delighted to receive a 2019 Top Employers certificate, and to be awarded uSwitch’s 2019 Supplier of the Year.
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.