Limejump is an award-winning tech company that connects customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work towards our mission to revolutionise the UK energy industry. Limejump is made possible by our team of experts and a meaningful commitment to sustainability. Since 2019, our mission has been supercharged by investment from one of the world’s largest business initiatives, Shell New Energies. By joining Limejump, you’ll work alongside a fun and friendly group of people from all over the world and be instrumental in our shared vision– to harness data and technology that will shape the future of energy.
About the Team
The Business Development Team play a pivotal role in the company, by creating business strategies and unlocking exciting new commercial opportunities that deliver value to our customers and further our mission.
About the Role
Limejump seeks a driven Senior Business Development Manager with UK power origination experience to join our Business Development Team.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter, with entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get stuck in to grow Limejump’s portfolio in the renewable energy market. You will rigorously achieve against your individual sales target, whilst contributing to renewables origination strategies and promoting continued growth across Limejump’s portfolio.
In this high-profile role you will be collaborating closely with Trading, Commercial Finance, Tech, Legal, Risk and our counterparts at Shell to ensure our commercial agreements are optimal and compliant. This role will report to Limejump’s Head of Business Development.
- Originate, progress and close new business in the UK physical power purchase agreement market.
- Leverage your network to develop and maintain strategic relationships with target counterparties and partners to enable deal flow and lead generation.
- Increase Limejump’s presence across target renewable energy verticals.
- Achieve individual order book volume and revenue targets.
- Act as a Limejump ambassador in client meetings, conferences and webinars.
- Develop and lead negotiating strategies on a variety of commercial agreements.
- Act as a mentor to Junior Business Development team members.
- Challenge the status-quo by identifying, analysing and leveraging data and industry trends to create new business opportunities, strategies and fee structures for Limejump.
- Exercise diligence with pipeline and opportunity reporting.
- Continually seek to expand your knowledge base by identifying individual and whole-function opportunities to learn.
What we need from you – Essential Skills:
- Significant experience in a UK power commercial or trading environment with demonstrable experience of taking opportunities from discovery to deal close.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of UK power markets and renewable generators.
- Experience in negotiating physical power purchase agreements in the renewable generation sector.
- Experience influencing a range of senior and executive level stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Natural networker – ability to build and maintain a network of contacts internally & externally.
- Proven record of working collaboratively across multiple teams to deliver complex projects and commercial results, with the ability to receive and provide respectful challenge.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline and target orientated environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills such that you can complete analytical tasks autonomously.
- Experience with flexible renewable generators and bringing these to the Balancing Mechanism
- Comprehensive network in the UK renewable generation market, particularly in the wind sector
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work
- Private Medical Insurance with AXA PPP. Cover has £0 excess per year for employee only. Option to also include family and/or partner via payroll deductions.
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns and skill sharing opportunities
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme
- (Once we’re back!) A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
Please note that all applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About Your Application Data
By clicking the “Submit Application” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Limejump Ltd. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Limejump Ltd.’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, Limejump Ltd. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Limejump Ltd. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Limejump Ltd. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Limejump Ltd. as well as to third parties acting on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Limejump Ltd with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.