Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner (UK and Europe Retail)
Reports to: Global Head of Commercial Finance
Responsible For: Commercial Finance Business Partners (UK and Europe Retail), Commercial Finance Business Partner Support
Purpose of role
To lead a team of Business Partners to provide effective and proactive Commercial Finance Business Partnering to the UK and European Retail teams. Responsible for Commercial planning and reporting for the Commercial elements of the business in order to help understand and drive the best commercial outcomes for the organisation.
Dimensions of role
- Leading a small team of Commercial Business Partners and support roles
- Support the delivery of £190m of UK and European revenue
- Business Partner to the Senior Commercial Leadership Teams
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities
Commercial Reporting & Forecasting:
- Management of period end reporting process ensuring delivery of robust numbers and analysis / commentary of variances
- Manage commercial forecasting and budgeting processes alongside Global Head of Commercial Finance in line with Business timetable ensuring robust numbers are produced
- Identify sensitivities, risks and opportunities within the forecast and support CLT in driving actions to close forecast gaps and land opportunities
Commercial Investment Support & Control:
- Investment decision making support with appropriate authorisation, control and reporting
- Revenue / Margin management across channels / markets ensuring pricing integrity is maintained, pricing activity is within an approved framework and revenue/margin delivery is maximised
- Manage Commercial Finance resource participation within cross functional project teams in delivering both day to day and transformational projects which support the Business ambition and purpose.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the business and senior finance team in delivery of business strategy and ambitions
- Provide leadership, coaching and development opportunities for the Commercial Finance team ensuring high quality business partnering standards are maintained and organisational structure is fit for purpose to support the business growth aspirations
- Actively participate in Finance meetings and other business meetings challenging and influencing ways of working and decision making – including presenting and facilitating where applicable
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- Experienced and qualified Accountant with significant Business Partnering experience at a senior level with a Commercial focus
- FMCG/Retail experience
- Strong influencing skills – able to influence and work comfortably with senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker who is able to switch between big picture strategy and operational support/detailed analysis
- Good Excel and analytical skills
- SAP experience and knowledge of BOARD or other forecasting/reporting tools
- Understanding of European/International markets
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.