Who are People’s Energy?
At People’s Energy our members and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are focused on providing and delivering a fantastic customer experience every time, and to continually find exciting new ways to engage with our members.
We are proud of the culture we have created at People’s Energy. We have a collaborative and open working environment, which encourages ideas, feedback, and engagement. We have done this by moving away from a traditional corporate, hierarchical culture and focus on having a transparent and inclusive approach to how we communicate across the business.
This is an exciting time for People’s Energy. We’re growing fast and we’re looking for someone who wants to create and shape the way we communicate with our team and our members. We need a digital savvy person to create new and exciting ways of working.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved in developing our customer communications, increasing engagement, and supporting our marketing strategy. You will learn fast and have the opportunity to make your mark in this exciting role. You will be working from home initially with transition to full or part-time office working in our Edinburgh office as restrictions permit. Safety of our staff is our number one priority.
You will be a key player in our Marketing and Communications Team, reporting to the Communications Manager.
- To help manage, produce, edit and deliver accurate and engaging customer communications
- To ensure that all external communications are in line with the look, feel and tone of voice that supports and reinforces the company brand and values
- To plan and deliver communications that meet business requirements, are delivered in time with project or operational deadlines, are accurate and customer friendly and will appeal to all of our members or key audiences.
- To deliver projects as required by the Communications Manager on time, to desired quality and with required outcomes, including the production of reports and process documents.
- To take responsibility for specific projects and deliverables, working with a high degree of initiative, autonomy and responsibility within the scope of the department accountabilities
- To measure the success of comms through metrics such as open/engagement rates and share findings with the wider comms team.
- Carry out regular audits of customer communications across the business as agreed with the Communications Manager
- Work closely with internal engagement communications personnel to ensure internal and external messaging is effectively synchronised as required
- To work with colleagues and different business teams across the organisations to support with communications on projects and operational changes
- Ensure all comms are compliant with legislation and appropriate for each audience.
- A personable, engaging and enthusiastic individual who is great at networking and building strong working relationships
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to write engaging customer communications and simplify complexity into easy-to-understand messages for each target audience
- A strong team player who is willing to take on a range of activities within the role
- Strong organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail and able to manage work priorities under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Two years’ experience in an operational communications environment with demonstrable experience of successful participation in delivery of large scale, large volume communication projects, ideally in energy supply or another highly regulated environment
- Experience of using mailing software such as Intilery, Imail or similar
- Good experience of using MS Office systems and Teams. O365 and Sharepoint experience would be beneficial
- GCSE/Equivalent Maths and English A grade
- Degree level qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of using CRM software
- A quick learner capable of self-teaching, especially new systems
- An analytical thinker who can analyse data and results to understand how we can continually adapt and innovate in the way we engage with our customers
There will be occasional out of office hours and weekend work required. You may be asked to monitor and respond to social media postings as part of the Marketing and Comms Team. And during times of rapid business change, deliver customer communications out-of-hours.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.